Sprint Waiting list iphone comes fast! :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalexn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kalexn macrumors 6502

Just got the call that mine and my sisters' 32GB white iPhones are in at the store. Only took 4 days!!

2. articulatefool macrumors regular

The Apple store around here never sold out of Sprint phones. They couldn't keep ATT or Verizon in stock, but nobody wanted the Sprint ones.

Anybody could walk into just about any retailer and get a Sprint one easily.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Sprint will always have better stock because they have the least amount of customers. This is why they can have unlimited data. Example below.

Verizon: 1,000,000 customers x data used.
    ATT: 700,000 customers x data used.
    Sprint 200,000 customers x data used.

If Sprint has the same amount of customers as either VZ or ATT they would not have iPhones or their unlimited data plan.

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Here too in NJ, on release day I got the last two Black iPhone 5's 16GB model in the Apple store at 0800, and there were only 64GB left in VZ, however Sprint, they had them all day.

Most people are fooled by the Unlimited data and we will never throttle you...

AT&T did this when they first got the iPhone, it launched a double edge sward against them, 1) they were the only ones with the iPhone, so they gained tons of customers 2) it killed their networks pissing people off.

Sprint will eventually have to switch to a tier type plan, however everyone I talk to has such poor service, I am not sure they will survive another 3 years to fill their commitment to Apple for 4 years and 15.5 Billion $.

I have been with AT&T since the 3G, love their service and the iPhone, however that being said, I only had a few dropped calls, and no matter where I was with friends on VZ, I had the same if not in some cases better 3G service then my VZ friends and family.

Sprint will soon be in bigger trouble now that T-Mobile is merging, it will make T-Mobile much bigger with more offerings and more $, however they still lack the iPhone, but they are changing their frequency so they can match that of AT&T's

5. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

Ours did, and they are still out of them. It obviously depends on where you live but Sprint service is great here. I know, since they were the last carrier to have the iPhone, that there are less people on it which works for getting it I guess :)

----------

I had horrible service where I am (Tennessee) when I was on AT & T and I have had absolutely no issues with Sprint ever dropping calls etc. since I have been on them. We can roam on Verizon network free as well, so that is good but I probably only have to do that once or twice a year.

6. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

7. kalexn thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you go to the store to do the waiting list thing? They told me within 2 weeks but most were coming within one week and then mine was 4 days :)

8. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

I am from the LA area and I have 2 that I just put in a UPS box to send back to sprint and went back to AT&T.... I couldn't take the service... I feel bad since I have 3 iPhones at home and everyone else is looking for them. I have 1 AT&T that i was able to snag on the online ordering through apple.com and the 2 that are going to be sent out today back to sprint. I still need to get another AT&T phone but that we ordered with AT&T and they said 2-3 weeks. Lets hope it is sooner.

9. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

I have a buddy who walked into an AT&T store on Saturday and placed an order for three phones and he was told it would be 2-3 weeks. They arrived yesterday, only 4 days after placing the order.

10. surma884 macrumors regular

This sucks. I'm trying to order online with an employee discount but it says I can't mix pre-order phones with in-stock phones. It's listing the iPhone5 as shipping in 3 weeks. :(

11. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

Sprint will survive no problem. And they will definitely keep the iPhone. Obviously Apple trusted Sprint enough to give them it I don't think they will take it away. Just wait Sprint will be the best and then everyone will get mad and jealous.

12. articulatefool macrumors regular

With T-Mobile reverse merging with MetroPCS, I don't think Sprint stands a chance in the long run.

They need to get MetroPCS or get eclipsed.

13. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

.........Even with the merger, they are still WAY behind Sprint.

14. docprego macrumors 65816

Not true. Getting my Sprint 64gb black was a challenge.