sprint waiting list

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trublu85, Sep 25, 2012.

1. trublu85 macrumors regular

trublu85

hey, i'm new to the forum so i don't know if this has been brought up already but anyone go to a sprint store after release and buy a $50 gift card to reserve the 5 and get on the wait list? i did it and every question i asked got a hmm hmm type answer and it was getting on my nerves lol. anybody get better "help" than that lol

2. meisjen26 macrumors newbie

Yeah...I'm getting kind of upset with it. I did this with Radio Shack on the 15th (Giftcard to "preorder" the phone) and till this day they haven't received my phone.

I called a local Sprint on launch day and the woman said she could "order" me one. When I got there I realized it was the exact same process, they make you buy a gift card you can't return and basically throw your name in a bin. I only signed up because I figured they were likely to get the phone faster. I'm kind of upset because the associate said that I'd only be waiting a couple of days as she knew a shipment was coming in Monday. I still don't have a phone and I'm stuck with two gift cards I can't return if I find the phone elsewhere. I've had nothing but trouble with Sprint...and I'm a new customer.

3. trublu85 thread starter macrumors regular

trublu85

that radioshack thing would drive me up a damn wall. as for the sprint store they told me 2-3 weeks and they'd call me. that's all the info i got no idea how many people are ahead of me on the list jerk wouldn't say lol. hope all goes well for ya tho. hopefully sprint calls ya soon cause i got a feeling they'd get it in b4 radioshack.

4. meisjen26 macrumors newbie

That's crazy they said 2-3 weeks for you. It might have been better to get online. But the associate I spoke with said only a couple of days and I asked her twice. I'm getting lied to left and right :( I have off Thursday and I've just decided to try my luck with AT&T, hopefully I can reserve at the Apple store and pick up.

5. trublu85 thread starter macrumors regular

trublu85

ya gettin the shaft lol. i tried the apple store pickup but model i want is nowhere near me. i'm coming from AT&T and switching carriers b/c it's overpriced for one line and the whole no facetime over cellular for unlimited plans was the breaking point for me.