SquareTrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cebuano1976, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

Can someone explain the pros and cons of a SquareTrade warranty for a new iPhone 5? As compared to paying @ the Apple Store?

Thanks so much.

----------

$99 for 2 years
    $50 deductible per claim

2. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

I've had it for other phones, its a very good service, the only bad thing is that u do have to ship it in, and u have to wait about 2-3 days to get ur phone back. If they cant fix ur phone, they will refund you the full price of the phone (600$?+) that you can use to any phone of ur choosing.

I've gotten refunded, and its awesome, I payed 99$ for my G2, and when it broke down on me, they refunded me 500$ because they couldnt fix it.

3. Cebuano1976 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

4. ndatube macrumors newbie

another option...

You can also take it the phone to an Apple store for repair or replacement and pay for that out of pocket and then get 100% reimbursed by SquareTrade. This is a way to avoid the deductable that you would have to pay if you send the phone in to SquareTrade for repair or replacement as well as speed up the process.

5. Cebuano1976 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

6. msaftw macrumors member

I second this, an awesome option. No out of pocket cost and you get a replacement that day. But they no longer have a month to month option unfortunately. :(