SSD new BTO MBP 13" will it have SATA-II or SATA question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scottsdale, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I read in one of the threads that if we purchase a BTO MBP from Apple with SSD it will have a SATA-II drive controller. Has anyone received an SSD in a BTO NEW 13" MBP and is it SATA-II 3 Gbit or is it still SATA 1.5 Gbit???

Sorry if it's posted somewhere, but I looked through the main thread and couldn't find the answer on what REALLY is shipping. Read that some say Apple techs say that it will have 3 Gbit only if order SSD in it and pay Apple for SSD. That's fine as long as it has it.

2. Smacky macrumors 6502

Would also like some firm confirmation from someone who has one in their hands

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do a search, as it appears there are many threads stating that its probably 1.5mbs variety even though the nvidia chipset allows 3.0mbs.

4. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

AFAIK the idea that machines with Apple SSDs would be the only ones with 3.0 was just FUD spread by some people who talked to Apple CSRs.

I dont think there is a single 13" or 15" MBP(SD) in existence with SATA 3.0.

5. Scottsdale thread starter macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I wonder if there's a hardware conflict with the damn SD card reader???

6. goMac macrumors 603

The card reader is a USB device, so no.

7. Doebldodl macrumors newbie

I have a new MBP 13" with 256 GB SSD BTO, and it has 1.5 GB SATA. Here's what the system profiler tells me:

8. harshw macrumors member

Damn ! :(

Doebldodl, if you should ever install Bootcamp / Win 7, would you mind posting a screenshot from CrystalDiskInfo please ? It's at http://release.crystaldew.info/CrystalDiskInfo

9. Doebldodl macrumors newbie

Actually, I don't really care -- this beauty is blazing fast. Plus, its battery life is unbelievable. And it is totally silent... I am very very happy I went for the SSD.

10. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

how fast does the ssd feel in comparison with a 7200 HD? do you have any comparison?

also what is your real life battery time? heat?

thanks for any input, i'm about to pull the trigger on a 13"MBP. my company subsidizes a notebook so it would be foolish not to buy and have them cancel this benefit because of the economy in a few month.;)