SSGold: My Sept 28-Oct 2 delivery just moved up to TODAY !

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
My Sept 28 delivery just moved up to TODAY ! This had to have happened in the past hour.

Timeline
Ordered: Gold Stainless Steel with Stone Sport Band
Email Conf Received: xx:06 minutes after orders opened on Sept 14 midnight
Email Conf "Delivers: Sep 28 - Oct 2 by Standard Delivery"
Credit card charged: Yesterday Thursday Sept 20
Email from Apple received today, Sept 21, 1:00am: "Delivers Sep 27, 2018 by Standard Shipping"
UPS status - 4:00am today: Monday, Sept 24 delivery

UPS status - 6:30am today: TODAY! (Friday Sept 21)
upload_2018-9-21_6-16-55.png

Could it really get from China to me in Austin, Texas, today if it only just left China?

It's weird that the watch package weight is more than my iPhone Xs Max.
Weight: 0.70 kg vs 0.50 kg

I claim I have just proven that the more you check your status, the faster your watch arrives !! :)

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I’m in the same situation as you. I was also predicted September 28 through October 5, but now slated for delivery today. Unless the tracking information is not up-to-date, then I don’t see how it would arrive to my door today, which would put Monday at the next business day. Either way, at least there is movement early enough A week ahead of time.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Oct 17, 2010
Same exact situation here, hopefully this isn’t some glitch on UPS’ end and we do get the watch today.

Last edited:

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
fyi - Despite the UPS status, my Apple.com order status reports delivery for Sept 28 - Oct 2

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
fyi - Despite the UPS status, my Apple.com order status reports delivery for Sept 28 - Oct 2
It’s possible this is just showing a delivery date of today due to some hard-coded rule UPS added after all of the Apple orders “delayed” to Monday. They clarified that they’re still arriving today and they must have made all the in-transit Apple orders from the factory list today as the delivery date to avoid getting spammed with inquiries. I ordered a few 40mm Watches that are arriving today and one 44mm Gold SS w/ Milanese that is also “arriving today” but I strongly doubt it’s going to get here before Monday based on the tracking history of the other orders.

dcpmark

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Per Apple I was supposed to get mine between 10/5 and 10/12, and today I got an email saying it’s now going to be 9/27. UPS tracking shows delivery today, but that must be a mistake because it also shows that it was shipped today from China. I’m thinking the 9/27 date is the accurate one, which is fine with me because that’s over a week earlier than I thought I was going to get it!

Carac

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
That’s a glitch, the delivery date will update once it gets to customs. They can’t get our watches from China to our doors in less than 12 hours. The date on the Apple website is accurate, the 27th.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Oct 17, 2010
That’s a glitch, the delivery date will update once it gets to customs. They can’t get our watches from China to our doors in less than 12 hours. The date on the Apple website is accurate, the 27th.
How are you so confident by saying it’s a glitch? The watches might still show up today who knows

smile1fish

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2017
Same info when I go to UPS my choice directly...shows Monday as a tentative date. When I do a tracking through Apple Store...it shows it shipped today from China, and will be delivered next Friday.

jdubigrande

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2018
Toronto
I feel like this 'glitch' is kind of cruel ;-) I know it can't reasonably make it from China to Toronto today, but the UPS tracking is messing with me!

Reactions: MareLuce

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
Same thing happened to me last year and the good news is that we did get the phones on the updated day despite trackers showing the phones still in China

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
It's definitely a glitch but people in another thread in the same situation are seeing delivery for Monday in their MyUPS accounts. Apple's delivery date in my experience is always a worst-case-scenario overly conservative estimate—I've always had them delivered sooner. I'd say Monday/Tuesday is a reasonable guess for when watches shipped today will arrive.

Reactions: BlazePhyre

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
Mine is the same but says delivery Monday. MyChoice always said Monday while tracking initially showed today and Apple shows 27th.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Oct 17, 2010
The status for my Series 4 SS 44mm is no longer scheduled to be delivered today as it was in the morning and this whole situation was indeed a glitch as I suspected and UPS screwed up big time. The status now says “
Clearance in Progress The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.“

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Darn. Me too.

Latest Status:
09/21/2018 6:49 A.M. The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

Scheduled Delivery: (used to be Sept 21, now...)
Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.

sniff

At least my Xs Max is arriving today.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Oct 17, 2010
Ups screwed up big time today, unbelievable. I actually thought I was getting the watch today as per the info on the tracking number yet the watch isn’t even in the US.

BlazePhyre

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
I’d kill to be in the Monday boat. It definitely was obvious it wouldn’t arrive today when only leaving China at 2am. Customs takes too long for that, and it’s still standard delivery for most which is 2 day (unless someone else chatted in and got upgraded to express? Am I the only one?) Here’s to anxiously waiting an update, or a deduction of $700+ from my account! Never thought I’d be so excited to see my bank account drop!

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
Apparently some of you are confused by Apple's delivery estimate of Sep 27. But if you look at this notification, you'll notice that the wording is slightly different, which makes a huge difference. That means the delivery could happen anytime between today and Sep 27, and not actually ON the 27th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.