Stainless Steel Sport Black Band or Space Gray?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by starbot, Apr 26, 2015.

1. starbot macrumors regular

Price aside, I somewhat liked the space gray sport when I saw it in the store. Both were light in my opinion-- I have a collection of mechanicals that are mostly stainless.

Problem is, the more I look at the SS, the more it grows on me. My SG is in the 4-6weeks, but just ordered an SS just in case I preferred it. I'm betting they'll ship sooner than June.

Opinions?

2. clibinarius macrumors 6502a

If you have the money, consider the Space Black model.

But, don't base it based on the store's models. The Apple Store (I finally tried it on) I was at didn't have any to try on. When I asked them what was in the display case, if it was real DLC, they answered no (but this could've been in error). I asked if it was painted steel and they said they believed so but weren't exactly sure.

It also had a light, bluish finish, definitely not black. Which I doubt was the lighting-I don't think the case model was the same. But, one could appreciate a black watch, I think, looking better than the others easily here.

3. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

You have your bases covered. My bet is you'll eventually end up with a SS. As much as I like the SS SB that clib mentions, the cost is just too high, IMO. It is a sweet looking piece.