Stanford Shopping Center (Palo Alto, CA)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by RyC, Jun 20, 2010.

1. RyC macrumors newbie

Anyone going to the stanford shopping center store or has gone here for a previous iPhone launch? Do they let you into the mall prior to the launch? Thanks!

2. oshachal macrumors newbie

I'm purchased my 3G on opening day at Stanford and they were by far the best and most efficient at getting people their phones and out the door as quickly as possible. It was a great experience! See you there.

3. tivoboy macrumors 68030

open mall

I'll be heading there for a pickup (hopefully, did it on the APP as a reservation)

The MALL is open already there are no external doors. The apple store usually sets up a line (with coffee and bagels last time) for "reservation holders" and then "non reservation holders"

There is also a starbucks about 50ft from the store, which makes for a nice breakfast if one gets there early. I'll get there about 06:00 since I have an east coast conference call at 06:30 (listen only!), so standing (sitting) outside isn't a problem until the store opens most likely at what 07:00?

4. harry2quinn macrumors newbie

I have to leave the shopping center for work by 8.10 AM at the latest... do you guys know if I'll be cutting it close if I get there at or before 7.15? I know that demand's been much higher this year, so it might be hard to predict; but historically, what's been the turnaround time to pick up reservations?
    Thanks!

5. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

I called the apple store and the mall and they both said that the mall will allow people to line up starting at 5 AM. I wonder how they enforce that or hold people from entering the mall since it's open air.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

They probably have a NO LOITERING or CURFEW policy in the city of Stanford or at the mall.

7. eTip macrumors 6502

Went there for the Ipad launch. I arrived about 5:00 but there were people that had been in line earlier and AFAIK no one bothered them. Coffee was available at around 6:30 (?) but no bagels.

8. Gonz00 macrumors newbie

Anyone over there?

:apple:Anyone over there? Any problems?:apple:

9. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

wondering the same thing....might go over and check it out. do you have pre-order?

10. Gonz00 macrumors newbie

sorta but prob not...

I pre-ordered - got my confirmation screen, but never got the email..called the store and they didn't have me on file...said to just come in anyway...so not really. Wondering when to go...

11. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

o i see.
    well according to our friends above 5am looks like best bet....but who knows...

12. eTip macrumors 6502

I am in the same boat - confirmation screen but no email (though I do have a screenshot). I am undecided as to whether to go tonight at all or wait to see how all of the "issues" turn out. If I go, it will likely be between 4 and 5 AM.

Are you getting in the reserved line? At the iPad launch they checked the list as I recall. I still plan on getting in the reserved line since I did my part to reserve and have the screenshot as proof.

13. Gonz00 macrumors newbie

yeah same - have my screenshot...I was planning to go around the same time. Not sure which line to get in- playing it by ear. The University store already has a ton of people outside...so not sure anymore whats worth it and whats not. Reports are slim on #s of phones available. damn apple - couldn't produce more?!

14. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm at the mall now but there's security guards around so I'm afraid to walk in. Can't tell if anyone is inside cause the apple store is buried inside

15. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

thanks for the update. security let people line up?

16. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, I'm driving a circle around the mall to see if I see anyone who looks like they're here for the launch but it's pretty early so I haven't walked in

17. eTip macrumors 6502

When I was there for the iPad launch the place was desolate - until I got right up to the Apple store. This was ~4:30 AM.

Let us know what the line looks like when you get there....

18. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

true, it is pretty early. but looking at the lines in other parts on the country, i would of thought the both palo alto stores would be super crowded

19. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck, I called them again and they regurgitated 5 am so I have no idea if there are people already there or if security has kept people out

20. eTip macrumors 6502

Why not just walk in & see what happens? They aren't going to shoot you....I mean you might get tased or something ;-).

Seriously - If you had not called, how would you even know they had such a policy? They may very well have had the same 5am policy for the iPad launch - I didn't call to find out, i just showed up.

21. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah good point. It's 1;45 though so I think it's pushing it by trying to go in

22. RyC thread starter macrumors newbie

A car went into the parking lot and the security guard told her to leave so the mall is definitely closed right now. It's funny how I can hear the mall music going though

23. Drewtwentytwo macrumors newbie

haha at the mall music. good looking out with the updates, thanks.

24. eTip macrumors 6502

Weird. What's gonna happen @ 5 AM? There have to be a lot of people circling in their cars or waiting somewhere nearby. The Burlingame store has around 100 people in line already the last time I checked.

Well, since I was planning on showing up 5ish AM anyhow, I guess the fact that they aren't letting anyone in before that works out to my advantage.

25. iDabble macrumors regular

thanks for the updates, i live 5 minutes from valley fair but don't wanna deal with that madness, i'm hoping that stanford will be less hectic. planning on going around 4