Star Wars New Trilogy/Anthology Discussion (Denote Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AustinIllini, Dec 18, 2015.

1. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Seeing as the other thread is getting completely trolled by spoilers and such, I'm creating this thread to discuss the next two films in the trilogy and Anthology films.

I hope Lando comes back...

2. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am really looking forward to this one! I am hoping since it is taking place between ESB and ROTJ, we see some characters that will be familiar to us. I am anticipating no real big names, but some of the other characters we have seen on screen.

I don't know how I feel about the Han movie yet. Especially after seeing EP7. EEEEK. :oops:

4. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

While I know it's still Disney and it's still Star Wars, I would expect Rogue One to have a fair amount of deaths, seeing as the Empire will be at its maximum power and the movie will feature characters that didn't appear in the original trilogy. I really can't wait.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I was thinking of this when I watched last night. We are introduced to a new character who dies off in the first 5 minutes.
    Fans have been baffled by how little Max Von Sydow gets to do in 'The Force Awakens' —the veteran actor appears in the opening scene as a character named Lor San Tekka before he’s struck down by Kylo Ren. He’s also described in the film's opening crawl as “an old ally,” and the Visual Dictionary and official Star Wars site describe him “as a seasoned traveler and explorer of the more remote fringes of the galaxy,” as well as someone who “helped Luke Skywalker recover secret Jedi lore that the Empire had tried to erase” after the end of 'Return Of The Jedi.'

Given Von Sydow’s age, the character would undoubtedly have been alive for pretty much the entire history of the saga, so it’s entirely possible we’ll see him again. And frankly, we think he’ll be seeing him very soon, given another acclaimed Scandinavian actor’s mystery role in 'Rogue One,' Mads Mikkelsen. The “Hannibal” star was quoted earlier in the year as saying he had “an important role,” and “is actually not a bad guy.” Could Mikkelsen, who is roughly thirty years younger than Von Sydow, be playing Lor San Tekka in 'Rogue One'?

6. Huntn, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Priority One: Referencing the ST movies, just give us some new material, please!

7. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Yeah, definitely looking forward to Rogue One for many reasons (Gareth, Donnie Yen, Felicity, people on a mission film etc.)

8. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I thought the same thing. The scene was obviously referencing some planned new Anthology film. Rogue One is definitely a possibility.

9. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Undoubtedly, the future of the franchise somewhat rests on the next episode (VIII). The shape of the trilogy will be shaped by the next one, in the same way most of what we "love" about the original trilogy is rooted in episode V.

It's especially important that VIII isn't a complete rehash and emphasizes a departure from IV instead of a retread of V.