Starbucks Brewing 'War on Christmas'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 9, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Allow me to be the first to wish you Season's Greetings. What the **** is wrong with these people?

http://nypost.com/2015/11/08/christian-group-slams-starbucks-holiday-cup-as-war-on-christmas/

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Those poor persecuted Christians. I hope they have a happy holiday to cheer them up.

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Agreed. The Christians against a red cup is stupid. One year Starbucks goes simply red and it’s nothing to get in a huff about. A couple white snowflakes would have been nice, but the red is okay.

At least Starbucks isn’t moralizing like they’ve done in the past. Such as their shallow effort to stimulate discussion on race relations. (That mantle ordinarily taken by guilt-ridden multimillionaire actors in Hollywood.)
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-race-initiative-even-after-social-media-jabs

Or those out of control coffee drink-makers who felt compelled to scrawl messages on unsuspecting customer's cups.
    http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/worl...irty-message-on-london-teen’s-coffee-cup.html

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

About time.

After the war on drugs,
    the war on terror, the war on crime, the war on poverty, the war in vietnam, the war in korea and of course the war on women have been so hugely successful.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The War on Commercialized Christmas continues!! :rolleyes:

7. dec. Suspended

dec.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

[​IMG]

Look, I love how this offensive this is!

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Speaking as a Christian, channeling outrage at Starbucks for not putting Christmas trees and snowflakes on their cups is, to me, the epitome of a first world problem.

Pretty much my whole life it seems like the majority of retailers, food service establishments, etc. leave their packaging just the way it always is during the Christmas season, with little or no notice from Christians. Starbucks decides to scale back their holiday offering this year - while still going to a Christmas-y red cup - and folks get their panties in a wad.

Sheesh.

10. Meister, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

Meister Suspended

Meister

[​IMG]

Gets me into christmas mood.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

OMG! thinking of the children of all the non-christmas people you just offended. Its disgusting!!! *runs away crying*

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You know Christian Christmas tree decore is not a commercial legal requirement during the holidays. Companies decide who they want to pander to... or not. For those enraged by this heinous deed, McDonald's is right around the corner, but they might not offer Christmas cups either. ;)

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I love how you just said "Holidays" that offends the millions of people who don't holiday. Those days are just regular days that some old person labeled as that. Stop pushing your establishment holiday bullcrap on me, tyrant!

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Some people just go looking for ways/reasons to be offended.

15. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Or, it could be, maybe, just maybe, private citizens using social media to collectively vote with their wallets against a private enterprise, just as liberals vote with their wallet against private enterprises like Hobby Lobby?

16. Huntn, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Only mentioned as a time period where a couple of religions Christian, Jewish celebrate holidays. Whether you celebrate those holidays or not, you can still enjoy yourself during that time frame. Ok, it's a weak argument. :p

If they don't acknowledge my religion, and make Muslins, Hindus, and Buddhists, drink out of Christmas Tree cups, I'll drink my coffee at the Christian Book Store, by God! :rolleyes:

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

[​IMG]

This is the only type of tree I would ever allow on a $4 cup of coffee or that any children could see.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

I feel deeply offended by all these offended people!

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's GIFTMASS, get it right. Starbucks us laughing all the way to the bank since the offended morons are going there to buy their product and posing with them

20. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Hope Starbucks stands their ground on this and doesn't pander to their agenda. The right wing Christapo at their finest. Everyone should accommodate and accept their lifestyle choices. :D

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think they roast their grounds, you are thinking wine, that is where they stand on the grapes.

24. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Liberals saying conservatives shouldn't care what a private company does in terms of religion is a false equivalency to conservatives saying liberals shouldn't care what the government does in terms of religion.

One of these does not violate the Constitution.