Starbucks Card does not show up in double-tap shortcut for Wallet

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by legaleye3000, Nov 3, 2015.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

If I double tap the bottom button for wallet, my credit cards show up, but if I want my Starbucks card, I have to manually open wallet.

2. melman101, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015

melman101 macrumors 68030

Edit: Nevermind. My post was incorrect.

3. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

My Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts cards shows up in double tap.

4. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

How did you do that?

5. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

I don't think I did anything. It's just there.

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Actually, I'm mistaken. My starbucks card does show up on double tap as well.

Are you on 9.1?

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Mine does not show up, I have to open the Wallet app and do it from there. My double tap only shows my credit, debit and Walgreens card. My Walgreens card on my phone now includes a fingerprint authorization.

I should have said, I'm on 9.2 Beta 2 on my phone and on 2.0.1 on the watch.

8. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm on 9.1 and 2.0.1. I have to manually open wallet for Starbucks

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

Maybe remove the card and re-add it?

When I double tap, they are at the bottom of the screen. I have to tap down there, and then they show up.

10. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Yes, I am on 9.1

11. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Removed and added card = no difference.

12. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

What are you double tapping? If you just opened your wallet app on the watch then decided to see if double tapping the crown would open your cards (versus the friends button) then you are using app switcher. Double tapping the friends button will (and by design) only open Apple Pay.

13. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I double tap the friends button to open apple pay (the button below the digital crown). When I double tap, only my credit cards come up. Starbucks card is not there. However, if I open the wallet app on the watch (not using the shortcut double tap feature), then the starbucks card IS there and I can use it.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

This is correct. When you open wallet on your phone notice its divided into two sections called Apple Pay and Passes. I have no idea how the other person here is seeing passes with a double click of the friends button. (think not). I would like that to be honest as long as the default view was my payment card but as it is, I just ask Siri to "launch wallet" on my watch.

15. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Whoa, hold up.

This is what I get for viewing MR by "New Posts" and not paying attention to sections.

I DO NOT get my DD/Starbucks cards when I double press my friends button on my watch.

I DO get it when I double press the home button on my phone.

My mistake, reading comprehension fail on my part.

16. melman101 macrumors 68030

Agreed. I'm in the exact same scenario except my original post was correct that I deleted. LOL. Sorry everyone.

17. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

We will call it wishful thinking and feature suggesting. We agree this should happen but wanted to be clear that it does not. Thanks for the update.

18. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

If you go into the Starbucks app, and "favorite" your most visited locations, then the Starbucks card should automatically show up in your Watch's notification center (just like how it shows on your iPhone's lock screen).

19. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I would like to thank you.... This worked perfectly today. I walked into the starbucks, swiped down, and there was a notification sitting there. I tapped it, and it went right into the bar code.

Now, my REAL test will be, my office in Manhattan has a starbucks in it (you have to walk outside and enter their door to the walkway). I just assume it will only work when I first get to by building, as it would get buried under all my other notifications through out the day. This might not be an issue because I usually only get coffee first thing in the morning.

20. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have to manually open wallet as well on my watch to get Starbucks. At that point its just easier to double tap home button from the lock screen on my iPhone.

21. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

Try it... Add your usual Starbucks locations (within the starbucks app on the phone) as a passbook favorite. Then you will get a notification on your watch and phone when arrive (or pass) that location. You then can simply swipe down on your watch face (for your notifications) and you will see a location based entry for that Starbucks, with your bar code in it. Simply touch the bar code and it is ready to scan. This is much faster than trying to find the app in the watch, or even doing apple pay on the watch to pull the card out of the wallet.

The problem is, I believe there is a limit to how many you can do, so this trick will only work at your "favorited" usual spots, if you are at a different starbucks on the road, it would be much easier to double tap the apple pay on your phone and swipe up for the starbucks card (this really should be how the watch is too).

22. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I think the limit is around 7 locations (if I remember correctly).

23. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

The only issue with this is that every time I pass a starbucks and DO NOT go in, I will get a notification, which to me, is a pain... I think simply allowing (not by default, but by choice) the use of non-credit cards in the double-tap shortcut feature will make things more convenient.

24. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

It isn't anytime you pass "a" starbucks. It is anytime you pass the specific starbucks you added to the favorite...

EDIT: Yes full wallet/passbook access from the apple pay screen would be great. This is how the phone is now, so I imagine it will eventually come on the watch.

25. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Walgreens just enabled their NFC loyalty card in the double-tap shortcut (and Wallet app), so let's hope Starbucks follows Walgreens' lead and enables this.