Starbucks...winning!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Snoopy4, May 17, 2018.

1. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Sounds like yet another dumb momo employee. It appears as if the manager tried to make things right, which was a nice gesture, even though the guy wouldn't accept. We all need to remember the power of the internet and social media when we go about our way in public or business.

2. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Um...yeah...definitely not a "misunderstanding" or "mistake".

3. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

Starcrooks sucks so does there coffee

4. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

This liberal corporation has become a racist corporation.

5. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

At least he didn't ask to use the restroom.

Try to explain or blame this one on someone else my conservative friends. I am sure a business has the right to describe their clientele by using racial slurs right?

There was another guy in New York who got pissed at a group of people for speaking Spanish in a restaurant. Threatened to call ICE.

Apparently unless you speak English well, some people may think your name is Beaner...

6. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

A free $50 gift card? Next time I go to Starbucks I’ll tell the Barista that my name is Limey (slur for British) and promptly file a complaint.

But seriously, they should look into it and discipline the barista. Starbucks employs thousands of people so some are bound to be *******s.

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

What does this have to do with liberal or conservative? This was clearly an insult.

8. daflake macrumors 6502a

Don't you know? All conservatives are racist police calling thugs. You should check out the Starbucks thread.

9. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

So the action of one employee is seized upon as evidence that the whole corporation is to blame? And the corporation being led by more liberal minded people somehow has something to do with it?

10. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, that’s what passes for logic nowadays. Hey, 1 out of 50K minimum wage employees is (allegedly) a racist dick, therefore Starbucks promotes racism.

11. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

1 employee? That’s all?
    --- Post Merged, May 18, 2018 ---
    I don’t think Starbucks is closing stores on May 29th for racial bias training for just 1 employee.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/17/new...ore-closings-racial-bias-education/index.html

12. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

They’re closing their stores because an incident went viral and they were under siege from social justice crusaders. Consequently, the beancounters concluded that the positive PR generated by this announcement outweighs the loss of revenue. I mean, nobody with double digit IQ actually believes that “bias training” will end racism so it’s nothing more than a dog and pony show.

13. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

Companies need to stop cucking to the SJW mob

We all know racism is bad and I'm sure those that don't won't be convinced by a day of sensitivity training.

All it will do is piss any real racists off and reaffirm their beliefs
    only now it will also piss off every other employee that needs to go through the training that doesn't require it.

Not to mention as a customer with an unhealthy frappe addiction, it will piss me off because there's a day that I can't get a frappe

I don't need my companies to have a moral stances
    I need people to have moral stances.

I need companies to do what I pay them for which is in this case make frappechinos and/or other things.

The company should've put out a brief statement saying the single employee that caused the problem is being dealt with internally and/or fired and said nothing else

Then it would blow over like things do, till the next outrage
    acknowledging this just adds fuel to the fire

14. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, I don’t understand why companies continue to give into SJW demands. First company that tells them to go fly a kite gets my business.

15. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

True, Not only that but it's been shown with other companies but it's treated like an extortion racket.
    Once a company gives in to the demands more demands are made.

16. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Whatever the number, at least they respond in a sympathetic, responsible way. Compare that to how John Kelly and POTUS responded to that staffer's recent remark about McCain - silence.

17. bopajuice, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I was calling attention to the responses we so often have to read here. It was not an insult, it was an observation. As soon as someone is accused of racism, conservative posters side with the accuser and liberal posters side with the victims. In the last Starbucks thread, the rights of businesses was a big topic. We talked about everything but the actions of the individual who committed the offense.

It is already evidenced here.

Companies need to stop catering to public opinion
    Under siege by social justice crusaders
    Actions of only one out of 50,000 employees
    "Acknowledging this just adds fuel to the fire"

Again, the focus shifts to everything but the person who did something that was clearly racist. Unfortunately the popular response seems to be that if someone did something racist, we are advised to just acknowledge it, move on and not make a big deal out of it.

If each and every act were confronted, with time maybe people would think twice before showing racial bias or prejudice. In a perfect world I guess. But lets not get off track here. I am sure there are other factors we can disseminate and keep this thread going for at least 20 pages. Dismissing a racist act leaves the door open for more racist acts.

18. alex2792, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018

alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Uh, stating the fact that one easily replaceable minimum wage drone being racist doesn’t mean that Starbucks condones or promotes racist views isn’t justifying racism it’s stating the very obvious.

19. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

A better vetting process during the hiring stage would solve so many of these problems. The world is full of people persons, but somehow so many anti-social jerks end up landing customer service jobs.:rolleyes:
    Some people lack the interpersonal skills for the service industry. I'm one such person. Fortunately, my Boss understands this and has me holed away in the darkest, deepest recesses of the building. I even stole printed this sign to place on the door.
    [​IMG]

20. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Nothing reactionary about that mindset....

21. raqball macrumors 68000

This was clearly a case of a racist attitude.. Putting 'beaner' on the cup is proof enough for me about the mindset of the barista.. Now that other Starbucks SJW - false narrative - race baiting - race mongering thread? Not so much..

This one is pretty clear cut to me.

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

And boycotting Starbucks (that should be boycotted for charging way too much for dollar store coffee) because one employee happened to be a racist douche isn’t?

23. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Did you see me defending a boycott anywhere?

24. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Qualifications for Starbucks, and pretty much every other minimum wage service job is have a pulse with no pungent BO preferred but not required. It’s unrealistic to expect Starbucks to conduct panel interviews with senior management when hiring an easily replaceable unskilled worker.