Start of Line/End of Line Characters

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gcortes, Feb 5, 2012.

1. gcortes macrumors member

I'm using a Logitech keyboard with my Mac Mini with OS X 10.7.3 and want reprogram the Home and End keys to beginning of line and end line respectively. This is how they work on a PC. I've installed Ukelele and remapped them to STX (hex 02) end ETX (hex 03), but their behavior doesn't change. The default is SOH (hex 01) and EOT (hex 04). To make sure it was using my keyboard, I reprogrammed another key and that worked. Could OS X be ignoring my changes? Do I have the wrong codes? Referring to my trusty IBM System/370 yellow card, no other codes seems appropriate.

Thanks for any help,
    Curt

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I found some keyboard shortcuts here...

Are you looking for keyboard shortcuts in Terminal? Why do you mention IBM System/370 information when you are working with a Mac? Is it because there is a bash shell? Perhaps some O'Reilly books on the bash shell would serve you better than reference information on a computer from 1970. :eek: Unless of course you are using Windows. :p

3. gcortes thread starter macrumors member

I'm not looking for short cuts. They would be cmd left arrow and cmd right arrow. I want to map their functionality to the home and end keys since I have them and am use to using them that way. The Ukelele app creates keyboard maps you point to in the language and text preferences. I want to use the functionality across all apps.