Start of shipping window missed (Gold 1.3 512)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by usernames.taken, May 4, 2015.

1. usernames.taken macrumors member

usernames.taken

Ordered a few hours after sales opened. Due to ship from 7th-14th (Australian time) but we're now on the 5th without an update to the order status.

I guess if they shipped from Melbourne or Sydney it could still conceivably make it in time, but they are shipping from China yes?

2. Mark Kappert, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015

Mark Kappert macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

If you want to be sure you could give Apple a call, but I don't think that they give you any confirmation if the order get shipped this week? Otherwise you just need to wait like most of us....till we get a update

3. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

Yep, I doubt the support guys have any information on the matter.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I'm confused. If it's due to ship on the 7th, it's the 5th in Australia right now... so how are they late? Technically it could ship at 11:59 pm NINE days from now your time and still be within the shipping timeframe promised.

I'm confused as to what the issue is. My flight is at 9 am and it's 3 am and there's nobody at the gate. Sound the alarms?????

----------

You do realize China to Sydney has overnight shipping... right? Your comment is that it'll ship between the 7th and 14th, and that they've missed their window. Did I fall asleep and it's now May 15?!?! They missed nothing. You're complaining without ANY merit.

5. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

The subject of my post is "Start of shipping window missed", not "End of shipping window missed". Perhaps I could have been clearer?

This is the whole point of my post, this is what I was asking. What you are saying is they could still technically deliver at the start of the shipping window if this is true.

As I stated, I did not suggest that the order was late, and I don't believe the tone of my post is complaining. Next time I will try and be clearer. :)

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You said "My shipping window is May 7 through May 14".

Today is May 5 (May 6 if you're in Australia).

Regardless of the END of the window, how is it of ANY concern that they haven't shipped before their EARLIEST ship date? Why would you even post this thread to begin with? If they said "Delivers by May 7" I could see why you might be concerned you haven't gotten shipping notice yet. Although Apple is known to send out a shipping notice the day before delivers, I digress. Your order says SHIPS ON OR AFTER MAY 7... and it's not MAY 7 yet. Your order says SHIPS BY MAY 14, and it's definitely not MAY 14 yet. Heck, they can ship it the night of May 14 via 7 day shipping (Arriving May 21) and still have lived up to their promise.

I know your anxious, but your thread was so premature. You have a shipping window, which hasn't even begun. If I pre-order today and it says "Ships June 1 through June 5" I'm not going to post the last week of May concerned that my item hasn't shipped.

Your Macbook isn't even supposed to have a chance to ship for two more days, and you certainly don't have a right to question why it hasn't shipped until their commitment window has passed (May 15th)

7. One2Manycats macrumors newbie

Sounds like she had a hard day on the Macbook assembly line.

8. dolphin2421 macrumors member

dolphin2421

If it's any consolation, I received my gold BTO rMB 1.3/512 tonight (ahead of schedule). So far it has surpassed my expectations -- I love it! Hang in there... it won't be long now.

9. holycat macrumors member

I ordered mine 5 min after MB was available for order. ETA: 4-11 May. Silver 1.3 512. Current status: preparing for shipment.

10. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

Thats great, congratulations.

Someone needs to relax a little. I did not question why it hasn't shipped. If your not interested in discussing things like shipping windows you don't have to participate in this thread.

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

This guy is a jerk on many threads…I would ignore him.

12. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

So mine went preparing for shipment on the first day of the window it was set to deliver. (Ordered 1.3/512/Gold to Australia early on April 11th)

Preparing for Shipment: Available to ship: 3-4 weeks
    Delivers: 07/05/2015 - 14/05/2015 by Standard Shipping