Starting an iPhone Repair Service. Want Feedback!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Feb 14, 2011.

1. thisisarcadia, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I have repaired a few of my friends iphones and have noticed that it really isn't too difficult to do basic repairs on the phones. I have taken interest in starting an iPhone repair company and just wanted to see if I could get the opinion of this forum about the idea. There are a few websites including unitediphonerepair.com I have been researching and companies I have gotten in touch with about their repair service and they all seem to be doing pretty well. I live in a college town with about 100,000 people in the surrounding areas, I guess really I just want some feedback. Thanks!

2. 184550 Guest

If you think there is enough demand in the area, or that you're able to provide something that the other repair companies cannot, then go for it.

3. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

well my prices would be way below a major company and apple also my service would be different. It would be strictly local and I would be able to have your phone back to you in an hour or less.

4. 184550 Guest

Though I've never had to have a repair done on my iPhone (knocks on wood), the ~one hour turn around would be very convincing, IMO.

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

The only limiting force is yourself. Go for it, but don't go half in.

If you want to start a business, make sure you put the required effort into it to make it worth your while.

Just my $.02.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Definitely makes more sense now that both Verizon and AT&T sell iPhones.

7. shelbymayer macrumors regular

fast turnaround and cheap quality work would be awesome!

search craigslist for your area first and see if anyone is offering similar services...we have a ton here in Nashville...so if you have a lot in your area too it may not help your cause! but if not go for it!!!!

8. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

I say, go for it!

As a word of caution though, you could get overwhelmed and the 1 hour turnaround may not be doable.

9. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Go for it. College kids go through phones like water, and even if their parents pay for them sometimes it's better to have it repaired than admit you spilled beer on your $600 phone (or dropped it in the toilet/sink/shower/etc).

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

My opinion is that you need a better subject for this thread.

11. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the feedback. I feel like if I do this right I can make something out of it.

Also what do you suggest I change the subject to?

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

13. dewdst macrumors member

we have a guy around here who has a 25-30 min turn around time for screen/digitizer repairs etc soo fast. haha

14. milani macrumors 68000

milani

College --> _____ --> broken iPhones. (Fill in the blank.)

In other words, I'm sure there would be a healthy demand for basic iPhone repairs. I'd suggest you advertise locally and see what kind of demand you can generate, and scale your business as necessary. Best of luck! And please, let us know how it goes! :D

15. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

To avoid being overwhelmed (if it comes to that), I suggest requiring appointments and leaving yourself a little bit of leeway in between each repair. Also you'll have to make sure you have enough parts on hand and/or be able to get them quickly.

16. -UnitediPhone macrumors newbie

Hey thisisarcadia my name is Daniel, the owner of united iphone repair. Sounds like you are in a great place to start up the business! Are there any questions that I can answer for you?

17. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Have your friends and previous customers spread the word. Free and positive advertising.

18. ZipZap macrumors 601

The only real limitation is stocking parts so you can achieve your 1hour promise. You'll need cash.

19. gregpole1 macrumors newbie

What a splendid idea to start an I phone service!!!Before starting I phone service must need to do a great home work in your locality and also you need to make sure that you provide quality service timely...All the best
    iphone repair

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Just make sure your quality never slips from quantity. You have to guarantee your work or people won't trust you.

Also consider a check in & check out condition form, so your customers can't blame you for other phone malfunctions.

Finally, offer discounts for referrals to help get the word out. Maybe even a frequents fumblers card/club to encourage customer retention.

Best of luck!
    Will

:apple::apple::apple: