Starting Fresh With iPhone 5S, Need Some Storage Help Please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Sep 15, 2013.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I'm not new to iPhone by any means. I've had each one, but have decided to not restore from a backup and just go in fresh with the 5S and iOS 7. Turning everything on in iCloud, but not restoring from a backup.

I'm getting a 32GB this go around instead of 64GB because I finally decided to clean up and organize my photos/videos/music/apps.

However, when I look at my iCloud backup from my current iPhone it says 500MB of space is being taken up by Mail! What the heck? All of my mailboxes are cleaned up. Trash, Inbox etc. The only area with some mail in it is the Sent folder.

Also, even though there are no photos on my iPhone it still says I have 1,200+ on it... Even though I literally only have 2 photos in camera roll and 1000 Photostream Photos, but those don't count.

Any ideas what this could be? Don't want any of these storage issues with my 5S. Also, have we figured out what "Other" is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

I can't be of much help on this one, sorry. Just stepping in to say that I'm doing the same thing. Going from a 64 to a 16 and using iTunes Match, iCloud, etc. I'll be interested in following this post as I was going to start a similar one. Thanks and best of luck. :)

z.

3. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Did you restart your phone after you deleted that stuff?

4. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Photo Stream does count. Any photos that you can view on your phone are stored locally. They're only stored on the server for 30 days. If you do a clean restore make sure you have them saved somewhere or they will be gone.