Starting to be the worst 4th of July ever?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Jul 3, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I had to go through THREE of my tires due to a blowout (at different times, & different tires but it was my third for June-July...My spare tire has seen three sides of the car so far, lets just hope the last one doesn't blow), and thought that was going to be the highlight of my 4th of July weekend (and to be honest, this wasn't that bad, as a friendly police officer helped me when my car fell off the jack...until this happened):

I found out that my best friend and my ex are going to go watch fireworks downtown. When he called, I sounded mad, and that ticked him off, and we got into an argument over this. I just let it all go, as I have someone new in my life now...until the girl I am dating "already has plans" for the 4th.

My sister already has plans, and so do my parents, so it doesn't look like I can go to any of their houses either.

Looks like I might as well sleep in the elevator of my apt. building, until Maintenance wakes me up to clean the elevator.

Yes MR, this is another thread about a girl...or family who doesn't seem like they care ...or both...

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's fine.

My moms gone for the weekend so I'm just in the house by myself for the time being.

At least you've had a girlfriend.

Things will get better - but sorry about your day.

3. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Go out with some friends to see the fireworks. I hate to say it, but it can be a lot worse.

4. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

At least you're not a little poor starving boy on the streets of China. Okay, enough about me, that's too bad man hope your day gets better.

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I was at Applebees and the waiter said "Happy 4th of July" at midnight. I'm gonna hop into Rift now, and then probably sleep til 5pm... Perceptions man, it's all about the perceptions.

6. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Just avoid the festivities. I was alone for Canada day (july 1st) and I spent my day on MR. I know... pathetic.

7. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

What I may end up doing today.

8. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

I hope your day (night?) gets better my friend :)

9. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I'm sorry :( This has been a crap dayfor me, too ... the kids are whining and fighting, I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and super crabby and my in-laws are coming over later :p

10. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

1) you've had/have a girlfriend.
    2) There are no fireworks in my area seeing as there are clouds.
    3) I had to work today at 4am...
    4) i have to work tomorrow at 4am as well.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

hey... at least you didn't have to work. i just spent 6 hours standing around my restaurant to wait on 2 whole tables for a whole $10. **** my life.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Cars... sigh... cars and their damn secret shopping lists! I feel badly for you, that your ride is so fond of asking for new tires lately.

I hate it when my car springs something off its list: "Hey, watch this, you can't open the driver's side door from the inside now, unless you roll down the window and get a good grip on the outside handle and have the strength to open it that way. Surprise!!"

Yeah. That one happened in a parking lot. :confused: :eek: So... I had to climb over the gearshift to get out of the vehicle because I'm NOT strong enough to open its damn door that way. I told myself well at least the fricken car's not on fire while you're trying to get out of it the hard way. It was a no-brainer to get that door fixed immediately, though. That evil car!

Hope your weekend improves, sounds like no place to go but up between the car and the no-go social arrangements. Put feet up, catch movie or ballgame, f the holiday, it's just a weekend that went a little bit off the rails... reboot it! Still better than a Monday on the job.

13. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I had to work at Applebees last night till 6AM this morning. I had an idiot customer who was there at midnight, I tried to be nice and say "happy 4th" but he just glared at me.

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I feel your pain. I'm working as well. Until 1:00AM. :(

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I can't even set any fireworks off this year as Colorado has banned them all due to the dryness and brush being easily set ablaze.

16. laurenr macrumors 6502a

So sorry that your family are otherwise occupied today, but maybe they are not aware you're alone, and feeling kinds down in the dumps? Maybe if they knew, they would invite you to come along?
    Anyway, I send you a big squishy cyber-hug to cheer you up!

P.S. Your "friend" is a douche bag for dating your Ex:mad:

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

What are the gun laws in Michigan??? :mad:

18. GP_1 macrumors regular

Well it's raining where I'm at... I'm not one to complain though. :)

19. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I'm sorry that a fear of burning up Colorado has inconvenienced your Roman Candles. :rolleyes:

20. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

Why is everyone complaining today geeeeeze laweeeze

21. dontwalkhand, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I concur, he just left with her today a couple minutes ago, they both boarded the light rail. It really does hurt me to see my ex and my best friend together. I guess they are going to the fireworks show in Downtown Phoenix.

I decided to go for a walk, and am now back home, probably just going to go to sleep now. I hate to be a person who does nothing but mope, but right now, I just feel out of it, I need a day to grieve.

22. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Well, they babysit a lot, so it'd be a shame to shoot them! :p Though I'll admit the idea had some appeal around the time my MIL gave me a pair of shorts and told me that they might fit ME but that they were too big in the hips for HER.

23. laurenr macrumors 6502a

You know i think you're right....when you feel like that, even if you're in a crowd, you can still feel alone. So, sometimes, you just need to take a time-out, to grieve/regroup/restore yourself, by yourself - instead of putting on a "happy face" when you just really don't feel like it.

Hope you feel better in the morning.:)

24. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I worked ten hours today and loved it, wish I would have worked longer. I know I am different but I got to admit it was fun.

Sorry about your day, I know I have had my share of bad holidays before.

25. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Today's the 5th, and thankfully, the bad holiday is over. The girl I am seeing and I decided to make plans for this weekend, and it looks like all is going to go great :) :):apple:

And no I didn't end up sleeping in the elevator ;)