Starting to use Siri as my go to.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Used to use Google search, but lately I've been using Siri on my IP5 and it seems to be pretty good. It's fast and kind of gets it.

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

im usually around other people or i would too.
    i dont really find it much faster than using the search page on the springboard, or just opening safari.

3. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Never used Siri much on my 4S (occasionally to text via my car's bluetooth)...since I've had my iPhone 5/iOS 6 I've used it daily to check sports scores. Best Siri feature ever.

4. SlyMac macrumors 6502

SlyMac

Heck yes!!! This is the only real feature of siri. the first time i tried it was last sunday. After that, every game I am interested and am not watching gets the siri update. Love how it breacks down the score right on the reply. This is the only thing I use siri for.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Although not Siri directly, I absolutely love the talk-to-text.

I get lots of texts all day long and typing that much is cumbersome for my big old hands.

I've found the talk-to-text accurate and much faster in my case, especially for longer responses.

6. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Talk to text

Talk to text is one of the reasons I came back to the IP5. I had switched from the IP4 to a Galaxy S3 and the talk to text on that device was very good. I use it alot. If the IP5 didn't have that feature, I am not sure I would have come back. I don't believe it is connected to Siri, but it is a very good feature.

7. UFBoy2323 macrumors member

Talk to text, Sports scores/news and Navigation are Siri's strong points. I use it much more on iP5 than 4S.... Oh and setting alarms is much quicker with Siri too.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I use Siri a lot. I use it to set reminders, insert things into my calendar, Google searches, as well as directions to places. It is much easier to ask Siri to do those things for me than doing it by hand.

9. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This is, and always will be, Siri's biggest obstacle.

10. snook911 macrumors 6502a

If you are using talk to text why not just use siri to send the text. All you have to do is activate siri and say "send a text to __________ and say (insert message here) I think its quicker then looking up the person you want to text and pressing the little microphone on the keyboard.

11. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the info. I'll try sending texts using Siri

12. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Not necessarily. When you use Siri, if she gets anything wrong it's more of a pain to correct it. You also can't speak a sentence and then think about the next one before speaking -- she immediately accepts the text as finish if you pause more than a second or two.

Using the microphone within iMessage is far easier for longer texts.

13. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I see your point and for some this may be true but for me most of my texts are not that long. Also siri rarley makes a mistake on my texts but if she does I just cancel and redo. Even though that text might have taken longer then using the mic on the whole using siri is much quicker for me. Also I am not anal about my text messages so if siri makes a mistake but the perosn on the other end can figure out what I am saying I send it. I mean its a text message not a email.

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You don't ave to cancel and redo. Just do what you normally do if you spell something wrong in an email. Put your finger where the misspelling is and correct it.

15. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Your welcome. I think once you get the hang of it you won't send texts any other way. I don't. You can even reply to a text that comes in on your lock screen by saying reply to text without even unlocking the phone. She will also read an incoming text for you if your driving and can't read it.

----------

Yes, I will do that when I can but I'll use cancel if I am driving or doing something that makes it difficult to use the touch screen.