iPad Starting with iOS 6 waiting to upgrade to 7 and jailbreak...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by deejaywestbrook, Nov 14, 2013.

1. deejaywestbrook macrumors newbie

I have a brand new, UN-jailbroken ipad-mini that came factory installed with the latest version (of iOS 6). I DEF want to jailbreak, but I'd also like to have iOS 7 as well. BEFORE I JAILBREAK....If I go ahead and upgrade to the latest iOS 7, will I still be able to, successfully jailbreak my mini? Or will the jailbreak ONLY work on it's current iOS 6.

I'm getting so much conflicting info. There are some blogs on EvasiON that state you can safely jailbreak ios 7 already. Is this ONLY true for people with PRE-EXISTING iOS 7? I still have yet upgrage to iOS 7 for the first time. Does that mean, if I do upgrade, I STILL cannot jailbreak....Yet?? (Just trying to keep it all straight)....LOL! Thanks for any advice you may have.

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

There is no jailbreak for iOS 7. You must be looking at one of the MANY fake evasion sites.

Regarding your current iOS, what version is it? The latest jailbreak is 6.1.2.

A jailbreak is being developed for iOS 7 but that could still be a few months away for all we know (total guess on my part based on the iOS 5&6 jailbreaks). There is no ETA except that they're working on it.

Hope that helps.

3. deejaywestbrook thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Actually, the mini that I got from my att store has ios 6.1.3. And, yeah yer advice was good. I'm DEF not gonna jailbreak until I DEF know a true iOS 7 JB comes out. BTW: Could you send the link of a TRUSTED site for such jailbreak news/updates? Much appreciated. :)

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

6.1.3 is currently unjailbreakable and not quite sure if it'll be jailbroken before the iOS 7 comes out

A trusted site is idownloadblog.com. Or look in macrumors, there is always a thread (at least once every few days) asking if there's a jailbreak for so and so...

Best thing is probably to follow the devs on twitter

You can also follow this blog for updates on the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4/6.1.5 jailbreak http://blog.ih8sn0w.com

And if you look at update #9, you'll see why I said not sure if the iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak for devices that are not the iphone 3gs, 4, and itouch 4th gen will come out before the iOS 7 jailbreak

http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2013/10/its-dumping-season.html?m=1

For the iOS 7 jailbreak updates, follow the evad3rs