State Department reopens probe into Hillary Clinton emails

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 8, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The GOP needs something to give their electorally incompetent candidate a chance.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

In similar, more minor, cases people who did what she did got criminally prosecuted and lost security clearance for life.

The crooked Clintons just got the head of the FBI to give a press conference where he first explained the crimes she has commited and then announced he will not recommend indictement despite that.

At this point it's clear that the Clintons have become untouchable.

The only thing left is to throw all support behind Trump and pray.

4. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

5. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No, this is an interdepartmental audit, and they could end up doing what Comey suggested they do.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

That's true.

And just as the FBI investigation this happens to give the appearance of law and order only.

Nothing will come of this.
    Neither Clinton nor her saudi confidant Abedin will face any consequences whatsoever.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You know, you all need to quit crying CONSPIRACY every time something doesn't go your way. It's so pathetic, it makes my teeth hurt.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

There have been plenty of cases where people mishandled classified information and they were prosecuted and lost clearances for life.

9. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You mean like at least two of the people who served as Head of State immediately prior to Hilary?

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

No.
    They did not build their own servers in their own homes.

I mean lower level individuals who mishandled emails in a minor way.

I'm to lazy too google it right now.
    The Yound Turks did one of their recent shows on one of these cases.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I would have more sympathy towards Clinton if they didn't treat Edward Snowden like a criminal. The audacity to label him as a "traitor". But don't fret republicans, you're as guilty as the dems when it comes to the patriot Edward Snowden.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Completely agreed!

Trumps comments on Snowden have also been truly despicable.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Better yet, stop replying to the nonsense and maybe it will lessen or go away. I have several posters I try never to respond to and it makes the site much more enjoyable.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I don't have enough maturity to do that!

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

This forum has an ignore function.

It will help greatly cultivating your safe space and block out information incompatible with your personal bias.

16. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Both parties have shot themselves in the foot with the candidates they've chosen. What could have been an easy race for one party is actually a lot closer than it should be.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I love the safe space argument. It's a snappy little comeback when you have nothing else to say in response.

Oooh, did I distuwb ooh wif my ittle words? Wanna widdle safe space to hide in? OLOLOLOL!

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

You haven't brought any arguments.

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

As if it hasn't been argued to death already in the other Hillary email thread.

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Other people who did similar things as Clinton have been prosecuted and lost clearances for life. That's a fact.

It's also a fact that the law makes negligence a criminal offence and Comey described Clinton's negligence but then claimed that intent is necessary which is incorrect.

As usual are not adressing any of this but instead cry: "conspiracy"

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They didn't get prosecuted, but they lost their clearance. As he said, it's an offense that can get people fired and blackballed, but not necessarily indicted for a criminal offense.

It is a breach of protocol. Everyone involved was allowed access to classified information, and only discussed classified information amongst themselves. It's the fact they did it over an unsecured network that they're being called out for.

A good analogy would be the secretary of state discussing trade sanctions with cabinet members over a hotel telephone. Is the action itself illegal? No. Everyone involved has the need to know. But they should all know better than to discuss that crap over a hotel telephone.

Considering how well he explained his case, and how equally well he laid out his reasoning in front of the oversight committee, I doubt very seriously you could make the claim that he doesn't know what he's doing without first twisting what he did into some gross direction.

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Ummm, it's Obama's State Department that is conducting the investigation. Absolutely nothing to do with the GOP.

23. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good GOP bashing.

24. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Which only came about after the GOP "interviewed" Comey for 6 hours.

It's a concession to the GOP to now have the State department investigate.

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There is no comparison between Snowden and Clinton. The former took material that was classified and chose to make it public. The latter shared classified material with other people with clearance to view that classified material.