State Senator Ernie Chambers Sues God

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by adrianblaine, Sep 17, 2007.

1. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Chambers says its to prove a point about frivolous lawsuits.

Humor aside, should all lawsuits be allowable, or should restrictions be set in place? How would limits be determined?

I don't usually start threads, but after taking a class about legal issues in Architecture a few months ago, I've become much more interested in Law and how it works...

EDIT: forgot link... http://www.ketv.com/news/14133442/detail.html

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ernie Chambers should be voted out. This isn't what we pay legislators to do. That's a waste of our time and money. And Congress wonders why their approval is so low...

3. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Actually it won't come to that. Nebraska just instituted term limits for the sole purpose of getting him out of office. He's been a state senator for 37 years and is very popular in his district.

4. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I think he is a STATE senator, lee. Not that this distinction excuses him from wasting taxpayer money (as you pointed out).

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yup. The clock is ticking on this wingnut and he's scrambling to draw some attention on himself now that this plan to partition the Omaha Public School district into three racially segregated parts fell apart.

6. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Anyone should be able to bring any lawsuit at any time. I would rather see a review process that would weed out the obviously frivolous lawsuits than a blanket ban on bringing suits that are. And some kind of penalty for repeat offenders.

8. adrianblaine thread starter macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Wouldn't a review process be somewhat like what he's proposing? A review process makes sense but would also have problems. I'm starting to think he's wrong though, it would be difficult to weed the frivolous lawsuits and it is basically left to the jury to decide if it is or not. For these meaningless lawsuits to go away, I see that our culture would have to change as well.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He's a politician, he probably knows he's already going there. ;)

10. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Jay Leno made a joke about this the other night. It's too bad God is in heaven because he can't find any lawyers to defend him.