State Street, Santa Barbara CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by clancemasterj, Jun 23, 2010.

1. clancemasterj macrumors regular

clancemasterj

I will be at the Apple Store on State Street in Santa Barbara. Just call out Clancy and I will answer. I hope hope to see fellow MacRumorors there! :D

As of 6/23/10 6:30am no walk-in or pre-order lines.

2. WordAssassin macrumors newbie

Cool! I'll be there around midnight, and my dad will follow shortly after. I reserved, he sadly did not. :(

Walked by around 3pm, there were maybe 10-15 people in the walk-in line, nobody in the reserve line. (Though there were a few bikes... Not sure what that means.)

Excited! I camped out here for the iPad launch (first in the store, derp!) and it was a lot of fun. Charging everything now to last through the night!

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

See you there tomorrow. I have a reservation, and was planning on going around 7:30.

Call out 'gauchogolfer' and I'll be sure to be the only one raising my hand. :)

4. WordAssassin macrumors newbie

The store opens at 7am though, right? If the iPad launch was anything to go by, you'll still have a huge line to wait in if you get there that "late". (Don't know if you care about standing in line too much though) Also, at 1am for the iPad there were only 3 of us. 6 hours ago there was already a line of 10-15 for the iPhone.

But I digress. I have to be in Burbank for work at 4pm tomorrow so I want to be in and out as quickly as possible so I can sleep, get down there and set it up. You may not be under such time restraints. I'll post again in a few hours when I get down there myself and see what the lines are like.

5. WordAssassin macrumors newbie

Nice. There's like 30 walk-ins, and about 6 reserves. I'm #6! Woo!

Also, it looks like I'm the only one here with an iPad? Woah.

6. Applelude macrumors newbie

Any updates on the situation there? I got in line for a walk in but left once I found they were letting only 1 walk in for every 50 reserved people. Did they sell out? Did walkins get many phones???

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Holy cow it was crowded there! I got there at 7:30 and the line was already a whole block long. I'll try and go back around 2 or 3 and check out the situation. If it's still crazy I'll just place an online order for delivery in a couple of weeks.

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

So, I ended up going back at 7PM, and there was no line. I got out the door in about 10 minutes and I'm home now syncing.
    All's well that ends well.