Static Interference While Speaking To Someone On My iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beeinformed, Jan 1, 2013.

1. beeinformed, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013

beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I recently purchased the iPhone 5 and noticed for the past five or six days, I have been getting static interference while speaking to someone on the phone. I also would like to add that I have T-Mobile service, using their edge speed/ wifi.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and if so, are there any trouble shooting steps you have taken to resolve this problem? Thanks! :)

2. bigMAC28 macrumors member

I was in the apple store today for the same reason. He did a restore ( set up as a new iPhone) and it fixed the problem.

3. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I've had the same problem, although it seems to be intermittent. I'm not sure whether it's my phone or my AT&T service or the other end of the line and their
    equipment. I've tried different volume settings to see if that could effect it. Some people have had success turning off LTE. I wouldn't want do do that on an ongoing basis.

I intend to continue to monitor the problem. If I conclude it's a problem with my phone it will go back under Applecare+.

4. caniggia00 macrumors newbie

Same problem on 5S !!!

I'm using a 5s for a week now and only when I'm at home I hear this GSM interference buzz during all calls !? It's really anoying.... My wife on a 4 doesn't have any kind of troubles.

Any fix for this problem? Should I go to Apple and replace my 5s?

Regards!