Stay Away from Ebay Instant sale and Amazon Trade In Programs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WindowsTraitor, Oct 4, 2012.

1. WindowsTraitor, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

Sold 2 Iphone 4 about two weeks ago and I have not received the money yet. Amazon let's you track the device under your account. In ebay there is no trace that you ever sold the phone.

Stay away from these services. It is better to just giv away the phone to charity that sending it to these idiots.

I am so pissed for sending a perfectly working phone, that never let me down for 2 years to these idiots.

Stay away. Do not trust the post saying that it works. THe post are written by them to lure idiots like me.

STAY AWAY IF YOU DO NOT TO WAIT UP TO 30 DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR MONEY (edited)

UPDATE.

TODAY I JUST RECEIVED 200$ from the ebay instant sale. Although it took a long time to get the money, they sent me the correct amount.

Amazon sent me the phone phone back after 5 days. the phone was in the exact same condition as the one I sent to ebay. As per this experience I recommend EBAY over Amazon.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

What did Amazon say when you contacted them?

I sent them mine. They received it on a Wednesday afternoon, and by Friday AM I had the following email.

[​IMG]

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You seem a bit upset.

Your post is not complete. Did you use Amazon or Ebay.\?

And, you should know, you did not do ANYTHING with Ebay. You did something with ONE ebay vendor.

In any event, what is the feedback from them.

4. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

they said that is still processing. First they told me it could take up to 30 days to make the assestment. Then I flipped out, and they put me on hold and they said they would let me know by today.

No email so far. They received the phone on the 28th.

----------

I used both. I had two Iphone 4. I di dnot want to send both phones to the same place. Plus Amazon only gives you credit on a gift card, and I did not need that much on a gift card.

EBAY GREATLY ADVETISES THIS FEATURE. THEY ARE RESPONSABLE.

5. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Took me about 7 days to go from processing to payment. But I received the full $500 for my 64GB White Verizon 4S which was like new. They aren't fast, but I've sent a lot of stuff to Amazon for trade in (mostly books when I switched to all digital - moving full bookshelves every year sucked).

6. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

Preach it!

7. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I did eBay Instant sale last year and this year. It takes them a while, but I got my money just fine last year. They pay more than a place like Gazelle. This year I locked in my iPhone 4 sale before the 5 released (which got me an extra $60). Mine has been received by them, but not processed yet. I called and they said that they've got a backlog now as they're inspecting the devices and such. She said that for when mine was received (which was this past Monday), it should be complete by 10/12. So, figure a little less than two weeks after they received your package.

8. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

amazon:

Date Time Location Event Details
    September 28, 2012 11:30 AM Hebron, KY, US Delivered

1 Item Submitted
    Processing...
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB (Black) - AT&T
    Submitted Condition: Good Qty: 1
    Expected Amount Per Item: $221.00

----------

During this time, I alreayd sold 2 iphone 5 on ebay, I shipped them, I waited 3 days for paypal and I received already the funds. in my bank account.

Even though the fees to sell on ebay are too high, I rather do it on my own next time.

Lesson learned I guess...

9. phearx macrumors regular

You seem a bit irrational. They said it could take up to 30 days, because you aren't the only one who sent theirs in, and Amazon's business is not dependant on trade ins. Why would you flip out, UP TO 30 DAYS means anywhere from in five minutes to 30 days from now. Customers like you are the reason customer service jobs and retail leave employees feeling stressed. Next time take a minute to read the fine print before signing up for something.

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I used ebay instant and it was fine for me.. they send you a email with all the tracking information and a shipping label and links to track it just fine.. got the payment the day after they received the package.

ebay instant is a great service

Have you even tried ebay instant your post seems to talk about amazon....

11. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

Technically if they got it on the 28th of Sept, which is a Sunday aka a non-business day, i'd cut them some slack.

I've used amazon's trade in program for other things and it usually takes 7-10 business days. Considering you traded in an iphone, i'm sure they take longer to inspect it, etc.

12. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

please quote the fine prints where it says that it can take up to 30 days.

i work in customer service I take hell and I give hell when needed

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The 28th of September is a Friday. The OP is absolutely irrational though. OP, you're really out of line to know that your device was received on a Friday and by Tuesday you are "flipping out." I pity Amazon CS. Perhaps you should slow down and step away from the keyboard. You're so irrationally pissed off that you can't even type. Just breathe.

14. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

If a radio station DJ is paid to recommend a service by a company as a "commercial", is the radio station responsible for that vendor?

No.

15. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I choose to go the instant sale route just because I don't have to deal with scammers. There are a lot of scammers when it comes to iPhones around launch days for a new model. eBay is fine for selling on normal stuff, but the creeps come out with phones, so I'd much rather go through eBay's sponsored companies rather than some guy in Texas. I understand that potential delays may be a part of it. No worries on my end.

16. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

I am irrational because I want my money? This thing was shipped out on the 19th.

next time give me you address as I rather send it to you than waiting 30 days Plus shipping time to get paid. Let's see if you think I am rational then.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its clearly stated that amazon gives you a gift card for your device and not cash.
    What part of that you didnt understand or read before you send them your iphone?

18. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

wrong analogy. The pricing module to give an estimated price is embedded within the ebay page. And it is on the ebay domain. It is even called EBAY instand sale, not third party vednor instant sale.

At best it is just a simple case of false eadvertisment.

----------

this is why I used ebay too. I am not complaining about the gift card.

19. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

oops! i was looking at OCT on iCal. my badddddd

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not a fan of these so called trade in programs.
    There's been tons of scams with places offering a set amount and then receive your phone and give you less than half of that and if you deny their offer they dont send it back for months or make you chase them to return it or to get the money they offered you etc...
    At least with amazon and ebay you can feel a little more comfortable but again its up to them when they're going to pay you or how much they decide to pay you.
    These places make their money by buying low and selling high obviously to make a profit.
    I rather sell it myself like I usually do every year.

21. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you aren't upset about the gift card policy, and Amazon acknowledges receiving the phone, what exactly is your problem? You account is going to be credited with the gift card amount, as soon as Amazon can process it.

22. aristobrat macrumors G4

No, that's normal.

Irrationality factors in with your apparent oblivion of the fact that a gazillion other people are also trading in their iPhones now too.

The trade-in process, after an iPhone launch, isn't going to be quick.

23. aristobrat macrumors G4

Seems pretty clear that the offer is being made by a specific vendor? Where is your confusion?

Attached Files:

24. WindowsTraitor, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

agreed. I guess I set my expectations too high, because of that I am just thinking that this will turn out to be a scam. Regardless i wll not use this service again. It is not clearly advertised, and that already gives a sense of scam.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Slow down and try that again.

I think you're irrational. You're supposed to wait 30 days because they said it could take 30 days.