Stay classy Rand Paul supporters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Oct 25, 2010.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It was just a little stomp on the head.

Chimpanzees would have eaten her face off.

Look at how far we've evolved. ;)

3. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

The Tea Party doesn't like freedom of speech.

4. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

5. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

No, I think we need to ramp it up a couple...

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Agreed, the opinions of these whackjobs are starting to be seen as valid, which should not happen.

7. 184550 Guest

Should we also make the blanket assumption that all Democrats act like this? :rolleyes:

IMO, anyone who goes to a political rally of any sort, supporting the opposite cause deserves the treatment they receive. Why go somewhere with the singular purpose of causing unrest?

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

An empty justification if ever I heard one.

Isn't the whole idea of a rally to demonstrate and voice unrest?

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's see- egging a bus and stomping on a woman's head are the same thing? Oh- OK. :rolleyes: Oh- throwing eggs- SCARY.

I seem to remember you conservatives being quite upset when some gay people yelled at a woman who walked into a Prop 8 protest supporting the law. Hell, all they did was yell at her and you all had a fit, like the devil himself had risen from hell. This woman had her head stomped on and that's OK. I see how this works.

10. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Where did I make a blanket statement? Are the people attacking this woman Rand Paul supporters? Yes, they are. Are they classless thugs? Yes, they are. I did not say all Rand Paul supporters are like this. There is no blanket statement here.

I really didn't think anyone would take me up on that offer. Clearly I was wrong.

11. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

How dare Rand Paul attack that woman! Oh wait... oh, I see... your post is meaningless. It was just a few idiots in the crowd. :eek:

In similar news... any of our resident labor union supporters want to defend this disgusting act? A white male SEIU member/supporter beating a black Tea Partier - Kenneth Gladney?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBOgPCh9w

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're joking, right? How else do you expect people who support someone who thinks the Civil Rights Act should be repealed to behave?

13. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Good point.

14. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

(I am not a supporter)

1) The oaf stepped on her back/shoulder. A technical point, but with all the inflammatory rhetoric on both sides the accurate truth gets blurred. It was, however, a cheap shot.
    2) More concerning was the attempts at dehumanizing her to airhead status with the blonde wig (WHAT was that about)?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A cheap shot? That's all? Really?

16. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Hardly a cheap shot. The video doesn't show how she got on the ground in the first place. Was she pushed? Knocking your head on concrete like that can cause serious injury.

17. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

YOU'RE joking, right? How else do you expect people to take you seriously if you simply manipulate and redefine your opponents viewpoints? Are you (and a ton of liberal media reporters) a straight-up liar, or just seriously confused on what Rand Paul actually said/believes about one specific part of the Civil Rights Act?

Oh wait... I think I have a quote of Barack Obama criticizing part of the Civil Rights Act as well... I guess that means he want to repeal the entire thing too.

One thing you can always count on Lee doing is arguing based on his feelings or heartstrings any any one given point without consideration for things like the constitution and the long-term ramifications of reducing personal liberty.

18. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Only someone of a similar disposition would try to defend that.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

In U.A.E. this is accepted behavior-- as long as the woman didn't have any marks.

but seriously, what the hell were they thinking? Where are these guys when the Phelps people are protesting?

20. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Are you saying it's okay to beat women?

I think any comment that doesn't come straight out and say this is disgusting or tries to divert attention is hiding some sort of approval for the scumbags in the video.

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Assault on a woman already tackled to the ground? Stop parsing my words. I wasn't trying to minimize the action.

22. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I believe obeygiant was referencing this thread.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Conservatives are disgusting and should be ashamed.

24. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

Yes he was, which makes no sense at all. Either he actually thinks in the UAE that it's acceptable socially to kick women in the head like the Americans did in this video, or he's just trying to excuse the behaviour in some way because he supports these scumbags.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I parsed nothing. It sounded exactly like you were minimizing what was done.

Next time, say what you mean. ;)