Stay Classy Tea Party

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Link with video

Demonstrators on both sides of the health care debate gathered Tuesday outside the district office of U.S. Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy, a Democrat from Ohio. The video below was shot by the Columbus Dispatch. Kilroy initially voted in favor of the bill, but has not yet taken a position regarding the Senate version.

Pay particular attention to the part beginning at .53 minutes. The sign held by the older man on the ground reads “Got Parkinson’s? I do and you might. Thanks for your help.”

niuniu

macrumors 68020
lol at that big guy shouting at the old man with Parkinsons. Bet he doesn't even know what Parkinsons is, if he did he'd be a little more tactful. Pretty embarrassing display..

What side are the Tea party btw? Pro-HC, or Anti-HC? I missed the whole Tea Party thing, no idea what it's about.. suppose I could look it up

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
lol at that big guy shouting at the old man with Parkinsons. Bet he doesn't even know what Parkinsons is, if he did he'd be a little more tactful. Pretty embarrassing display..

What side are the Tea party btw? Pro-HC, or Anti-HC? I missed the whole Tea Party thing, no idea what it's about.. suppose I could look it up
They're anti-health care reform. Isn't it obvious?

And how the hell is a person with Parkinson's supposed to work?

Oh- and I'm waiting tea partiers. Defend this.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
Obama's news stations isn't giving any attention to the Teaparties, and to the majority of America. I think it's time for rioting like in Greece. The government won't listen to is when we are civil, so it's time to shake things up.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Looks like a bunch of riled up dumbasses.

i could barely watch the video past 1 minute because it kept loading every 5 seconds.

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Obama's news stations isn't giving any attention to the Teaparties, and to the majority of America. I think it's time for rioting like in Greece. The government won't listen to is when we are civil, so it's time to shake things up.
:rolleyes:

This is why I am avoiding politics as much as I can. Brings out the nutjobs....

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
you do realize the rioters in Greece are far left anarchists right?

I totally support them in their action, but I somehow doubt you'd get along all too well with them.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
This post is frightening for the willing regurgitation of extremist propaganda terminology ("Obama's news stations"), the assumption by the poster that he represents more than an extreme sliver of America, and his professed readiness to use force to get what he wants.

And that's aside from the grammar and spelling.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sorry- I don't like the bill either, but this kind of behavior is inexcusable. That it doesn't bother you is beyond belief.
People in Greece riot when police shoot children, here in the good ol' US of A we advocate rioting for health insurance bills that help poor people.

Unbelievable.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
This post is frightening for the willing regurgitation of extremist propaganda terminology ("Obama's news stations"), the assumption by the poster that he represents more than an extreme sliver of America, and his professed readiness to use force to get what he wants.

And that's aside from the grammar and spelling.
You have to have you head WAY up your butt to think news stations aren't being payed off to cover(or not cover) specific stories the way the government wants.

The government is supposed to be run by representatives of the people. Majority of the people do not want this bill passed. If they pass it without a vote, and without listening to We The People then the government has become an oligarchy and We The People have the right to overthrow it.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
You have to have you head WAY up your butt to think news stations aren't being payed off to cover(or not cover) specific stories the way the government wants.

The government is supposed to be run by representatives of the people. Majority of the people do not want this bill passed. If they pass it without a vote, and without listening to We The People then the government has become an oligarchy and We The People have the right to overthrow it.
Governments are not and should be not run by opinion polls. You will have your say at the next election.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

More like the news stations are at the behest of their advertisers, and corporate owners. Not the government.

That tin hat must get pretty uncomfortable.