Stay with Alum MBP or move to 27inch sex bomb

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iWoz, Oct 21, 2009.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Hi All,

I need some advice really, I bought an aluminium MBP end of January.And I love it, I initially bought it to use around the house, However this hasn't been the case it just sits in my office as I dont want to scratch it :) I have dell e6700 work laptop which i tend to use for that. This brings me to a decision is it worth getting the new Imac? And sell my MBP on ebay. Or save up for ACD which I dont really want to spend that much on a display I cant use with my work laptop/tv/playstation 3.

The only dilemma im having is the fact that If I did get an iMac I will only have the ability to use it at my desk, But Like I say 90% of the time I use my MBP in the office.

Thanks

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I have it on good authority that other people besides apple make decent monitors. :rolleyes: I'd wait before I plunked down hard earned money on a new revision of a tech product; let others do the testing and reviews for you.

I've got an old school mac friend who quotes what he calls the first mac commandment: "Thou shalt NOT buy a version A!".

3. X-JRO macrumors member

Keep the Mac book pro and also buy the iMac. If funds aren't *too* much of an issue why not have your cake and eat it too?! :D

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I'd just worry about the sex bomb going off all over my desk if I looked at pron... I mean, hypothetically....:eek:

5. johnrs macrumors 6502a

I sold my MBP 15" about 7 weeks ago to get a iMac and I only got £900 for it

Its been killing me to wait but with the new 27" iMacs just out. I am so glad I waited

6. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Which spec are you going for out of curiosity? out of the 3

7. dbwie macrumors 6502

If you consider the new iMac a "sex bomb", I think you answered your own question. Go for it!

8. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

sex bomb over macbookpro... if your a human being then you cant not say sex bomb [​IMG]