Stay with Verizon or say goodbye.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gaprofitt, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Gaprofitt macrumors regular

FYI,

I am in Metro Atlanta, I have an Iphone5. My contract to cancel is $125 and I am eligible for an upgrade. I am guessing on 9/20 the upgrade price would be the same as a new contract and it would just extend my contract another two years correct? The upgrade fee is $30. Is this correct? So I'm looking at upgrading to the Iphone 5S 64 bit which I'm thinking will be $399 plus the $30 fee. I am able to expense $100 a month for my cellphone bill. Currently with Verizon I have about a year left on my contract and my bill is about $110 a month with unlimited calling and 2GB of data. Personally I think this is a little steep and would rather have more data for less than or around $100 a month. Would you stick with Verizon or cancel, pay the term fee and just do a contract elsewhere for a better plan? What are Sprint and T-Mobile offering these days? I'm not crazy about paying $800 for the phone to be honest but I do plan on selling my Iphone5 on Ebay.

Thanks,

Greg

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not remain until the contract expires and then pick the carrier that provides the best coverage at a cost you're willing to pay.

I don't recommend canceling just to move on to a different carrier, the ETF makes it an expensive prospect.

3. donkeycrushr macrumors member

You can always go with a prepaid plan. Verizon prepaid is offering unlimited talk and text and 4gb for $70.

I am on the opposite side I am looking to switch from sprint to verizon or att. I also have an iphone 5 and 12 months left in my contract.

I am

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I'd use whatever carrier has the best coverage where I need it most. That said, you need to shop using your specific needs/wants rather than just polling people with differing needs/wants.