Stayed up all night, called in sick to work today, and STILL didn't get a November 3rd delivery date

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
Ugh. The stupid Apple Store App wasn't working... finally I got in, and got November 10th - November 17th. I was pissed, so I canceled the pre-order - Now when I try to re-buy it, I get a 5-6 week shipping estimate?

The worst part is i didn't sleep last night. This is how Apple treats its most loyal customers?

Reactions: ssl0408 and Moi Ici

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
apple store app worked fine for me. they didn't specifically point you out and ruin your pre-order experience. shouldn't have cancelled the original order. chances are you could have had that one delivered no more than a few days after the Nov 3rd release. How is it apples fault you didn't sleep?

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Ugh. The stupid Apple Store App wasn't working... finally I got in, and got November 10th - November 17th. I was pissed, so I canceled the pre-order - Now when I try to re-buy it, I get a 5-6 week shipping estimate?

The worst part is i didn't sleep last night. This is how Apple treats its most loyal customers?
Carrier?

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
If I'm paying over $1000 for a phone, I expect that I'll get it when Apple PROMISES I'll get it - On their website they specifically say November 3rd. So of course I'm going to cancel a pre-order if they can't uphold their end of the deal.

Carrier is T-Mobile

sdwaltz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
If I'm paying over $1000 for a phone, I expect that I'll get it when Apple PROMISES I'll get it - On their website they specifically say November 3rd. So of course I'm going to cancel a pre-order if they can't uphold their end of the deal.

Carrier is T-Mobile
And you put yourself in the back of the line the moment you canceled the pre-order.

Tekelley15

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Texas

Lol why would you do that??? what a horrible idea!!! Lol “I don’t like the idea of a 2 week wait. Let me delete it!”

Tekelley15

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Texas

Carrier is T-Mobile
Dude do you not pay attention to the news? They are short on production. You can’t expect getting anything on time with a preorder of a new device

Reactions: ACST

Pt3rodactyl

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2014
Huntsville, AL

Carrier is T-Mobile
Aww, bless your heart. You must be new here. You should have hung onto your original order. Did you really think they just arbitrarily choose ship dates? No, it’s a linear progression backwards based on supply. The longer you wait to order, the longer you wait to get it. Unless you are in line at the store on the 3rd, you’re not getting one until December at the least.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

Carrier is T-Mobile
No one who ordered T-Mobile got launch day delivery. I had mine in at 12:03 and I'm the same boat. Evidentially T-Mobile was 1-2 weeks out from the beginning.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008

Carrier is T-Mobile
I dont think you understand what demand and total amounts of units mean together.
What happens when a store says they will have 1000 bananas at 8am. You get there at 810 and they are all gone. You have to order within time to get the nov 3rd date.
Some people aren't lucky to get in. I noticed that turning off my wifi on my phone at 12:04am finally allowed me to get into the app not sure why.
This isn't apples fault. Its just first come first serve. Cant give you something they dont have anymore of.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
Same with a lot of us, but we are taking it in stride. You sound so entitled; Apple never promised a date, and you made the emotional decision to cancel the order, which in my opinion was pretty dumb. Even though it said a 2 week shipping time, there was still a chance you would've gotten it sooner.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816

I'm not sure why you cancelled ...
Unless you had plans to go into a store and wait in line ... ?

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Is this real life? how old is the OP? I got an 11/10 - 11/17 delivery date and was ecstatic with that... you're not going to die because you have to wait an extra week dude relax. And I'm sure you're current phone is not going to suddenly stop working on the 3rd... unless you smash it in to a wall out of rage which seems plausible in your case.

jb502

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
You took off work? Why? I set an alarm for 1:55 am. Got up, opened up app store at 2:01. I didn't work the first few times, but before 2:02, My phone was ordered. I got Nov. 3 delivery date. Went back to sleep. Woke up and went to work. Absolutely no reason to not go to work.

allthingsapple!

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2014

Was there a reason you chose not to go through other sources (apple website, carriers website, carriers app) when you noticed that the apple store app wasn't working? I'm not sure what happened with it last night but for me, it didn't open up until about 15min after preorders were to be open. I got my order in 5 minutes early through my carrier.

burgman

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2013

Carrier is T-Mobile
As others have posted you will or would have gotten it when Apple promised you on your order. others were stronger, faster, smarter and will get as promised also, just sooner. Tough life lesson in there.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

allthingsapple!

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2014
You took off work? Why? I set an alarm for 1:55 am. Got up, opened up app store at 2:01. I didn't work the first few times, but before 2:02, My phone was ordered. I got Nov. 3 delivery date. Went back to sleep. Woke up and went to work. Absolutely no reason to not go to work.
Everyone's situation is different and that's the OPs decision to make but congrats on your phone.

Reactions: Moi Ici

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
It's because you forgot to show them your Official Most Loyal Apple Follower card when you ordered.

Just ribbing ya, OP. I actually contemplated calling into work to snag an SNES Classic when they first came out. Glad I didn't and I got one like two weeks later.

Reactions: Ntombi