Stealth Mode: SGP Skin Guard + Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap + Apple Bumper (Pics/Review)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EBS, Dec 30, 2010.

1. EBS macrumors newbie

First off, this is my first post here (after lurking for about two months). Sorry if it's a bit long-winded. :eek:

I thought I'd do a quick write-up/review of my first iPhone protection combo. I purchased the Deep Black Leather SGP Skin Guard for the back, the Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap for the sides (matte black)and the Apple logo (gloss black), and the black Apple Bumper for extra protection.

Overall, I really like the look (either with the bumper or without), and everything's held up pretty well over the 7 weeks I've been using them. I love how the Apple Bumper almost perfectly lines up with the skin guard (very little gap). I will probably be ordering a few more SGP skin guards and I already have a bunch of extra sets of Lucky Labs Spectra Wraps, so I can change up the look in the future.

Some notes on the individual products (or ignore this section and skip to the pictures below, heh) :

SGP Skin Guard - Deep Black Leather
    I was surprised with the quality and feel of this decal with how thin it is. Installation was a breeze -- I got it aligned almost perfectly on the first try. I am very impressed with how well the skin guard has held up over daily use (in pockets) over the past two months. I'm a huge fan of this product and wonder what the Lucky Labs equivalent of these are like.

Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap - Gloss Black & Matte Black
    The Lucky Labs wraps/Apple logos are cut very well. Installation isn't too difficult, as long as you're careful to not stretch the vinyl. These haven't really had to stand much of a durability test, since I've had the Apple Bumper on 90% of the time I've had these on.

Apple Bumper
    I know the bumper hasn't gotten the best reviews, but I actually find it to be a pretty good product. My favorite part about it is the grip it provides, as well as the off-the-table protection. My only gripe is the fact that it feels like it could be made to fit a bit tighter.

Just SGP Skin Guard & Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

With Apple Bumper:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Nice job bro. I use to use the White SGP Leather skin and a bumper, worked well for me and I was satisfied with the look for about a month but I like to change cases quite often, and I didn't like how I couldn't really change my case unless I took that skin off the back, wouldn't fit properly. Overall, looked awesome. Good review BTW.

3. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

I gave a carbon lucky labs back skin and the quality is very good. I like the fact that you can get different material logos for the cut out