Steel band irregularities (not uniform/ridges?) on the iPhone X... anyone have a similar issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ticktock44, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ticktock44, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

ticktock44 Suspended

2. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Stainless steel is not a hard metal. Is this really a problem though?

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Another thread somewhere had similar issue in same spots. If you have to zoom in, not sure its an issue. Up to you to decide.

4. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

This is due to a little too much glue from the water right screen. Should be able to wipe off if you use a toothpick.

5. ticktock44 thread starter Suspended

wipe what off? there's a gap between the stainless steel band and the rest of the phone in a few spots
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    would this effect water resistance?

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 65816

BugeyeSTI

No one can answer that, unless you want to hold it under water to find out. There is no way of testing for water resistance short of looking for a pressure tester similar to ones used for watches only big enough to fit a cell phone

7. mgbcca macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue on the left side, it doesn't feel smooth where the steel band meets the front of the phone. On the right side it feels like a smooth transition.

8. cortega88 macrumors newbie

cortega88

Had mine for a week and out in a case immediately but noticed this today when I cleaned it and the light caught it. Now it’s all I can see and it bugs me. Had anyone got there’s replaced for this yet.