Steele Stands By Dossier - believes 70-90% is accurate

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Interesting, I expect that while some false information may have been passed on create confusion, but it seems like he has a pretty credible background so why would he make it up.

That’s the question that the Trump supporters can’t answer. What does he have to gain by making it up, and if it was made up why wasn’t it used when it could have had an affect on the election.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
the last paragraph was troubling...

"However, as the weeks went by leading up to the 8 November election, the FBI told him it could not go public with material involving a presidential candidate, and then his FBI contacts went silent altogether. "

and then Comey happened.... !!!

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
Interesting, I expect that while some false information may have been passed on create confusion, but it seems like he has a pretty credible background so why would he make it up.

That’s the question that the Trump supporters can’t answer. What does he have to gain by making it up, and if it was made up why wasn’t it used when it could have had an affect on the election.
Four years of comedy ;)

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
An interesting/short read - if only to provide a little more info on Steele.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/15/christopher-steele-trump-russia-dossier-accurate

Would you buy a car, or a piece of electronics that had 30% of it's body and functionality damaged?

Would you be happy if your doc said your arm would loose 30% of it's mobility after surgery?

Would you pay for a software program if 30% of the code didn't work?

If a salesman tells you 70% truth, mixed in with 30% ********, is he a ********ter?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
This is true. It's anonymous ZA's/Trump's word against Internationally well-known and trusted MI6 Chris Steele and the entire US intelligence community. Choose wisely.
The U.S. intelligence community has not provided an assessment on the dossier. The claims of credibility originate only from the author of the dossier. His methods for obtaining information included paying informants who would then pay the sources of the information. He does not even know who the sources are.

The dossier doesn't even read like it was written by a native English speaker.

And you talk about Alex Jones in the other thread...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Would you buy a car, or a piece of electronics that had 30% of it's body and functionality damaged?

Would you be happy if your doc said your arm would loose 30% of it's mobility after surgery?

If a salesman tells you 70% truth, mixed in with 30% ********, is he a ********ter?
What I know is none of those are relevant or good analogies.
[doublepost=1510780018][/doublepost]
The U.S. intelligence community has not provided an assessment on the dossier. The claims of credibility originate only from the author of the dossier. His methods for obtaining information included paying informants who would then pay the sources of the information. He does not even know who the sources are.

The dossier doesn't even read like it was written by a native English speaker.

And you talk about Alex Jones in the other thread...
Your word/analysis over many others who consider him a reliable source. Thanks - I'll go with trusting him MORE than you. Are you sincerely comparing Alex Jones and Steele? That's funny.

R.Perez

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

That's most certainly not how intelligence gathering works.

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
would you buy an interest in a gold mine, knowing that tons of ore must be processed for each ounce of gold? Would you understand why others might?

Last edited:
Reactions: JayMysterio

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006

If a presidential candidate tells 70% of lies, would you still vote for him?

President Trump’s list of false and misleading claims tops 1,000

You own him conservatives, along with the other pedophiles running in the Republican Party.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Honest question. Do you believe Putin has a pee-pee tape of Trump on prostitutes, and that he took a YUUGGEE dump and said he takes the best dumps?
That specifically. No. Probably not. Do I believe there might be a tape of something? Plausible. I don't really care either way. That also doesn't negate anything else in the dossier.

No, I'm comparing Alex Jones to you.
Really? Do explain that one. What conspiracy theory am I pushing? Do I have the audience he has? Am I an entertainer passing myself off as a news show host? Am I a conspiracy theorist?

In what ways, exactly - am I comparable to Alex Jones. Humor me.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

Ignoring the fact that it is a terrible analogy if you are buying a car and someone tells you a list of 100 things that are wrong with it, but 30 of them aren’t true are you still going to buy the car that has 70 things wrong with it?

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Ignoring the fact that it is a terrible analogy if you are buying a car and someone tells you a list of 100 things that are wrong with it, but 30 of them aren’t true are you still going to buy the car that has 70 things wrong with it?

It's a trap!

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
I honestly don't care about anything other than that Access Hollywood tape. That alone should have sunk this president. The fact that it didn't is a great shame on the United States.

The Dems released it too early. If they would've waited one week before election it prob would've worked.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
The Dems released it too early. If they would've waited one week before election it prob would've worked.
So you believe it was the Dems who controlled the release? Or speculation? I mean - it's not like the media wasn't gunning for Trump, right?

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
So you believe it was the Dems who controlled the release? Or speculation? I mean - it's not like the media wasn't gunning for Trump, right?
It was very damaging, but they released it too early and it was forgotten. Most Americans have short attention/memory span. They put out their ACE of spades too soon. That's all.