Stephen Miller, another liar in Trumps cabinet. WH never provided fraud evidence.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Feb 12, 2017.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Stephen Miller made exaggerated statements, angrily repeated past HW statements, and even said he personally saw massive scale voter fraud, all without giving any evidence or even specific events (not the broad one of NH voter fraud, no date and location given) that need to be investigated.

I have not even seen Trump tweet out even 1 fraudulent vote case in the election against him (and to point out, there is 2 confirmed fraudulent votes for Trump!)

By next month SNL will become the WH hit parade, with an entire "Alt White House" staff + Puntin (yes, as in kicking the pigskin) as Alec Trump bedroom advisor. (Melissa McCartney was awesome as Spicer!!!)

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He has about as much credibility as Stephanopoulos.

3. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

As soon as you realize that these "Reporters" on TV are actually entertainers, you'll look at the "Report" much different.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I honestly don't know what your saying here.

Are you alleging that the reporter made something up?

Please clarify, as your statement is vague and unspecific.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Whom do you trusT?

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think it's something along the lines of "la-la-la-la".

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Personally I regard ongoing emphasis on "voter fraud" as merely a launchpad for more voter-suppressive laws on the books of red states before the 2018 elections.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

With one's fingers plugged firmly into their ears?

9. 5684697 Suspended

Like what? I'm for the purple finger solution, and some sort of Voter ID.

How exactly is an ID that is required for essentially modern life in America suppressive? Let's give everyone an Applewatch and hook it up to the Voting Booth. ;)

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Why focus on ID requirement? There are other ways to suppress voting. Close polling places, making it harder for people to get to fewer locations and lengthening lines if they show up. Don't give time off to vote. Don't have early voting. Don't have vote-by-mail. Purge voter lists of convicted felons anew, even after they've served time and state law says they are eligible to vote again.

11. citizenzen, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Couple that with automatic registration and we have a plan.

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

This is the same idiot who said

13. poloponies macrumors 68030

Because it's an issue that has been studied and the impact is greatest on poor minorities.

http://www.projectvote.org/wp-conte...WITH-PHOTO-ID-Research-Memo-February-2015.pdf

Much like the old joke about how you can tell a politician is lying (his lips are moving), whenever there's a proposal to restrict access to the polls you can pretty much guarantee 2 things: 1) it's a Republican making the proposal; 2) Poor minorities will bear the greatest impact. It's Fascism 101.

The swamp is not only still a swamp, but Trump's gold-plating it.

14. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

So you are saying Trump Administration is all Fake?

If the Press makes Fake News, and you are comparing a Trump advisor as the Fake Press, then it clearly makes Trump Administration Fake as well.

I can agree to that!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2017 ---
    "vague and unspecific".... that reminds of someone....

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Why would Red States need voter suppression laws?

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

To ensure they stay red.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He is saying most of the MSM is crap

18. 5684697 Suspended

Miller and Snufalupagous looked like two true-believing hacks trying to out-Koolaide each other. Falling all over each other to impress their respective party bosses.

The DNC should be paying tribute money to some of these shows.

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

He's free to say that, but merely saying so doesn't make it true. This new standard of "I feel it so it must be so" is just insanity.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

As soon as you realize that the President is a Reality TV star and not fit to govern, you'll gain a better respect for the office.

21. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I'll agree to the purpler finger defense.
    As for an ID, God help the people that have to stand in line at the DMV. It's a miserable experience. For seniors, just give them free IDs. Go to their home to take the picture and get the information.

DMVs vary from state to state but I would not wish this experience on anyone. Make it easy and make it free.

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

they are all just trying to go after the people now vs the issues. multi-pronged attacks equiv. to threats against the electoral college electorate just prior to their votes.

23. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

You do realize that many red states have democratic voting majorities but go red in elections because of how districts are drawn right?

24. 5684697 Suspended

How does that work in Presidential Elections?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017 ---
    There is a certain level of seriousness to voting. It doesn't require DMV level drama (I assume you are a conservative given your desire to reform the bureaucracy), but in today's world, an ID is essential for modern life. It can be done.

I also believe that voting should be done in person over no more than a week long period.

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

The DMV in California varies from city to city. In some locations lines are ridiculously long. Either people can't or won't make online appointments. I don't know why lines are so long.

And so far I'm only talking about people who have stable jobs and mailing addresses. Remove either and it becomes much harder.