Stern thinks women will play in NBA in 10 years

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Dec 4, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I can see maybe a couple women in the NBA, because I have seen some really atheletic women out there, but it will never be even or close to even when it comes to the number of men playing and women playing.

2. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

you really think so?

we are talking about the NBA, the best of the best in the world. Not hs, not college, the NBA. The best 300 or so men players in the world

I would bet that the 5 worst NBA players would easily have a field day with the WNBA champions due to the sheer difference in athleticism and other physical attributes

i am not saying that women cant be better than men (as i know plenty better than me) but at the NBA level, its just impossible

3. TSE macrumors 68030

I am pretty sure there are atleast one woman or two that can hold their own in the NBA, maybe not be MVP or anything, but definitely.

Maybe some 6'11 Ukrainian woman or something. :D

4. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

First they demand to vote, next they expect to play in the NBA!

Where will it stop? Next thing they will want to become astronauts!

5. TSE macrumors 68030

It's not about that if they deserve to play in the NBA, it's just that men on average are much more physically built to play basketball.

If there comes a time when a woman is skilled and fit enough to play in the NBA, then I will be there cheering.

6. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

even then no as many players in the NBA are that height and much better than a woman of comparable size could hope to be

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

He's high...

I don't think any GM on any team would want to sign a woman, no offense intended, just because they can find a much more physical player to play whatever position.

Plus... guarding a girl would be a tough task since there's a lot of touching that goes on.

8. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

This. Men and women are better at different things, none of which makes one superior to the other.

9. TSE macrumors 68030

Reminds me of when I had to wrestle a girl on the wrestling team once... I almost lost the match because for the first minute or two I was scared out of my mind. :p

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Let them compete. Its not that tough. I doubt anyone will make it though.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

WNBA players aren't even close to being as good as NBA regulars. That usually means the top 9 players on any team (out of 12 players per team). Perhaps the best of the best female players can get some time playing as the 10th player during blowouts.

I don't want to seem sexist, but if you have ever watched a WNBA game on tv or something, you'd know just how big the disparity is in terms of both skill and talent.

12. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i dont think there is any rule saying they cant already

its just that they cant come close to making a team

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'll lend this the same opinion I have about men vs. women in most sports (so far, baseball, motorsports, (American) football: If they can hack it, and be good enough for someone to want them on their team, let 'em play. Not, as to whether women could actually hack it in the NBA, I bet there are a few women in the WNBA ruthless and/or accurate enough to play for a playoff team (not that being a playoff team in the NBA is anything special).

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Diana Taurasi would end up on the bench or in the D-League. She is by far the most capable, see the All-Star skills competition.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I don't want to sound sexist, but women are weak and have puny arms. The onlyreason they should be at an NBA game is to serve the players drinks and 'happy times'.

That is all.