Steve Harvey to Work With Trump Administration on Inner City Policy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jan 14, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Ben Carson and steve harvey to repair the inner tides a match made in heaven.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...rvey-work-ben-carson-inner-city-policy-trump/

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Interesting. I look forward to seeing what, if anything they can accomplish to make inner cities better. I will say that at least some effort is being made and attention paid to it.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Steve Harvey has such an unauthentic vibe about him.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Agreed. Better to let them cities like Chicago rot. :rolleyes:

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

This is the same idiot who couldn't get anything right during a beauty pageant, correct? Good lord.

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Hey I.sure he is a expert on poor housing right along with Carson the brain surgeon.

8. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I don't think the saying "two peas in a pod" has ever rung as true as today.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Better to do nothing right?

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Worked for Obama amiright?

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm not going to be critical of either one of them because I think Carson's heart is in the right place. I really want to see what he can do. If nothing changes or gets even worse, then that's a different conversation we can all have.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You mean like under Obama's watch?

13. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Turning things around in inner cities requires a wholesale cultural change that would take decades. It starts with taking education seriously, not having 10 kids from different baby mommas and taking personal responsibility instead of seeing yourself as a perpetual victim.

14. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Let's start at the top with personal responsibility and then let it trickle down. The personal responsibility thing is really just a way to justify not helping others.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Absolutely. That is a perfectly valid conversation and complaint to have.

16. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

And completely ignoring the idea of personal responsibility is really just a way of justifying their bad behavior.

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

No we should just pull any random black guy living on the southside of Chicago and let him lead HUD? Because that's what democrats would do. I'm sure some white mulit-millionaire woman and her former President husband would have chosen someone better. Actually, lets elect a black man from the South side of Chicago as POTUS and see how well he does? My gut is he isn't going to do much better than anyone else we've had.

18. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

according to the interview with Steve, Obama personally urged him to work with the transition teams on both sides to see what help he could provide. He said both sides contacted him to get involved.

perhaps more of the Hollywood insiders should get off their duffs and get involved instead of making cheezy videos to further divide the country. most aren't worth the money they are paid anyway so they may as well begin to earn the rewards the people have provided for them.

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

He didn’t do nothing. According to Republicans Obama singlehandedly got black people to be upset when they got shot and killed by white cops. Before Obama they were perfectly ok with it.

20. yaxomoxay Suspended

yaxomoxay

In his defense... have you seen the card? Designer is probably out of work now.
    And Miss Colombia was much better looking ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Yep. On this issues I want to see action, I don't care if Trump resurrects Mother Theresa to give her the task. Results have to be seen, quickly.

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Now, now. Don't feed into his nervous tick. :cool:

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Donald Trump said, who is that guy on TV giving away money to people. Let's get him in here I bet he knows how to fix things.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Policy not really the issue any more, policy without appropriations may have done more harm than good. Need elbow grease and community organizers. Grandmas sitting on stoops minding each other's grandkids' business was never a bad idea unless you were a grandkid hell bent on wrongdoing anyway. Let them see what's missing and suggest a solution. Probably more practical than some staffer crunching numbers or assembling opinion pieces on the Hill. You don't have to be of any political persuasion to have got tired of all the talk and no action.