Steve Jobs’s Appearance Grabs Notice, Not Just the IPhone

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by majordude, Jun 10, 2008.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I hope his cancer isn't back.
    I hope he is doing fine.

Stay well Steve Job

3. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Thats what i was thinking:( Someone doesn't get that thin because of a bug..... I hope he is doing well, Apple would fail if he was gone....I would cry...

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You would be surprised how much weight you can lose from just an infection, especially if it's persistent.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Thats sad, I never new he had battled cancer.

I do know that when he does leave Apple for what ever reason. It's going to suck big time.

If he just steps down or retires at least we know we can count on him still playing some part or roll in his company. Which wouldn't be too bad.

But If something bad were to happen, and he was unable to give his insight and guidance. Will be up the creek with out a paddle.

I know this is probably weird, but when I buy or use apple products. I feel a close relationship with apple, with steve and his dream, that he built. I feel confident that he made sure that the product that I'm using is going to be the best that it can be. That buy buying it, I'm supporting the under dog and his vision. Steve is Apple .:eek::eek:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I second that. From experience that is.

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

^ Same. It would not be the same without Steve.

You know what? I think I'm gonna make a tribute to Jobs.

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I'm not questioning Jobs or his company, and I'm not trying to start a war here, but....

At this point in the game, isn't Steve Jobs pretty much just a figurehead for Apple, who does keynotes? Or am I wrong on this...?

I mean, it's not like he sits down at his pimped out Mac Pro and writes the next version of Snow Leopard, then goes and builds and iPhone, then starts working on a new iPod.... Surely he has teams of people who do all the work and he just watches.

All he probably does is say "Ooo I like that", "Needs work" or "That sucks".

9. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Well there are tons of teams at Apple constantly coming up with new priduct ideas and what not. But Jobs still has ideas of his own... The iPhone was his idea, and the teams at Apple followed his dream and designed the product.

10. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

That's not true. I lost 20lbs when i was sick with double phenomena.

11. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Steve is actually a major leader for the company. Without Steve and his vision for the company, Apple would just be looking to make money, not revolutionize the world with it's beautiful products, or create a magical connection with customers. As was the case in most of the 90s. That's how I see Steve.

Comparison of Steve, now and then:

http://i28.tinypic.com/fkqpf6.jpg

Now that is scary. I hope he'll be alright and this is just some sort of diet he's going through.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I lost a whole stone (that be 14 pounds) in a week through nothing more than anxiety so of course a bug can do the same thing, especially if you're sweating a lot and burning off all your insides. I didn't have any of that and still I dropped the weight.

Poor Steve though. Hope he's okay, I didn't even notice the change.

13. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Hm, I hope he is well. I suppose a common bug could be like the flu or such. I'm sure he is all right. :)

14. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

But eventually, Jobs isn't going to be there anymore. Whether it be he leaves on his own accord, or he becomes sick and has leave, he's not going to be around forever.

15. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Um, Jobs looked even worse and skinnier few years back. I think it was when they were demoing Leopard for the first time. And a bit later he was looking A-OK. What could be causing it? Well, he might have been ill. It does happen. Maybe he has been fasting?

16. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

17. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If he did chemo, you tend to lose weight, as some chemo won't let you keep food down easily. My dad had chemo, and is 6' and dropped to 145lbs, so I know its possible.

18. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Visceral fat is my enemy. I wish I looked a bit more like the man.

19. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

If he's done or is doing chemo, wouldn't he bald?

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

1. Lots of people get cancer. Disease is sad, but cancer is so common that it's not really "that" bad, seeing as how most people will suffer some form of cancer in their life (eg: skin and prostate/breast probably brings you over 50% chance of disease)

2. Steve suffered from pancreatic cancer. Around 95% of pancreatic cancer is untreatable, and you die in like 3 months. There's one form that allows for treatment, but only 5% of pancreatic cancer sufferers get this treatable form. Steve was a part of that 5%. THAT is not sad. That is good news.

3. I haven't followed Apple keynotes or seen Steve in many photos over the past 2-3 years (despite posting here....I manage to avoid them), and after seeing photos of him for the first time in ages, I agree......the man looks like he has lost 20 lbs. He doesn't look as healthy as he did before.

21. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Pure interest. Why don't you look at them?

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Could easily be his diet also, with his workload at Disney and Apple he may be too busy to carefully make sure he is getting enough calories.

With the cancer he may have unloaded some of the empty calories from his diet, making things harder.

Dropping the beer or glass of wine could hurt if you are on a lower calorie diet, as can dropping that sinful snack you like.

Though most of us aren't on that healthy diet where we do need desert with a few meals a week to maintain weight.

---

Reality is when you have a medical scare the majority of the patients don't listen to the doctors when they tell them to stop eating this and that.

23. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Um, did he got married? He is wearing a wedding ring on the second picture at WWDC 08, and not on the first picture at Macworld.

24. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

:p He married in 1991 With Laurene Powell.

25. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

He looked better at Macworld 2008...