Steve Jobs and Dean Kamen

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
steve was an ass for saying that cities would have to be built around segways, that was the one statement that got me all hyped about IT. but hopefully steve can deliver better than kamen, because i think the segway sucks ass.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Something tells me that Dean Kamen will be out about 10 million bucks in a few months

lera

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2001
Dean Already is worth more than 10 milion. He's been inventing stuff in the medical feild for rears and years. He ounsan island which he has declaired it's own countrie and he ans a non agression pact with the US (as a joke ... i think) . also he has several planes and helocopters and cars and stuff like that. This is the riskiest thing that he's don yet the consumer market is much trickier than the medical market is.

acidsteve

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2000
I reckon the Segway was awesome Idea, I know heaps of Famous people who now own one.
In a couple years when it comes cheaper Universities will have them and much more.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
it wasn't meant to be taken literally....

I think at this point, harmless joking can be only a good thing!

I thought it was pretty damned funny!

bosskxx1

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2001
US FIRST

Dean Kamen is truly revolutionary. I am part of the US FIRST robotics competition ( http://www.usfirst.org ). And it is the ultimate experience of a lifetime. Dean has a lot of friends including many from prestigious corporations like Delphi, GM, Microsoft, Fed Ex, etc. I don't know about any relation between Steve Jobs and Dean Kamen. Apple doesn't any FIRST teams, but I know Motorola does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.