Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Steve Jobs at Return of the King Premiere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulse

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
Why not? If I had a personal jet, I'd go too.

Even if this is true, I doubt it is of any significance for Apple fans -- I bet that Steve, being the former hippy he is, just likes Tolkien.

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
Good for him.

But let's not start treating him as our personal super-hero. I think I just don't wanna know every little detail about his life...

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I think it would be cool if he became a celebrity of sorts. Everyone knows about Bill Gates, but he's a super nerd. Steve is a cool "Rock Star". I just wish more people knew about him, then they could see how much cooler he is than Gates, and in turn, how much cooler Apple is than MS.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I think we will hear more about what Jobs does in the near future due to the success of the iPod, iTunes, and the music store.
It's almost like the iPod is Apples second coming or comeback to the mainstream.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
takes notes and states

no one mentioned the fact that hes going to see the 3rd and final of lotr. which will proobaly bore the pants of me once again lol

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
Jobs and Jackson. Sounds good to me. 2 heros side by side. Both small people who have recently made names for themselves that are larger than life. Works for me.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
Re: takes notes and states

Originally posted by Sabenth
no one mentioned the fact that hes going to see the 3rd and final of lotr. which will proobaly bore the pants of me once again lol

Then why do you see them? If I found a movie borring (like Star Wars Episode One), I wont go to see the sequal.

I really like LOTR and am hoping this one is the best (and from what I have heard it is). I read it such a long time ago now, that I cant remember how it ends.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Originally posted by Trowaman
Jobs and Jackson. Sounds good to me. 2 heros side by side. Both small people who have recently made names for themselves that are larger than life. Works for me.

I wouldn't exactly consider Jobs to me a small person who has recently made a name for himself. Jobs (along with Woz) CREATED Apple over 20 years ago, took over NeXT, and is now back with Apple. He's been around for a while and has always been known. ;) Grant it, as of late, he has seen more attention thrown his way, thanks to iTunes, iPods and all that, but people who are versed in the industry have always known about him.

As for being larger than life, yes, I'd agree with that, but as a previous poster mentioned, let's not get carried away here - I don't need to know every little thing that Jobs does. Now if he was announcing a new prodct at the premiere, that would be a diferent story... :cool:

ceriess

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2003
I heard that Jobs was recently spotted at Wendy's ordering a chicken club sandwich. I thought he was a vegetarian.

lduncan

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
ChCh New Zealand
Steve in New Zealand! I've booked my ticket to Wellington already! I'm not interested in LOTR at all, it's really not my type of movie. But I can appreciate the scale of such an undertaking, and it is really quite impressive when you think about it.

restiffbard

macrumors member
May 6, 2003
Virginia
LOTR:TTT extra

Side note, one of the tidbits one learns after watching the extended edition of TTT is that they had a high speed link from NZ to GB but the last mile to where Jackson was editing was too slow. So, they transferred all the footage the last mile via iPod in guy's pocket.

jrichie

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Aus
LOTR

I am living here in Wellington right now and there is so much hype over the premier!

I work about 300m away from the cinema where it will all happen and there is a huge dragon on the top of it. Also there is an big arrow in a pub front!

The Kiwis here (I am English) are really making a big deal of it all and loads of shop windows have displays. Good for them I reckon.

Also I will be right there trying to see Steve! I think I would rather see him than the cast............ although I love the films.

May post pics if I get any decent ones!

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
Dont forget Weta have G5s for Shake,so I would assume Steve Jobs would also be there to tour the new 30m state of the art facillities that Peter Jackson has just finished building.He could also do some more pitching to Jackson as well,he may have even been invited by Jackson you never know.

FosterKanig

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2003
I am going to assume that since Steve is in Japan earlier in the week for the Apple Store opening, it is one of those "Well, since I'm in the neighborhood" things.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
how can i complain if i dont go see the movie. to be honest i havent been impressed with the movies so far because well its all eye candy. which of course most films are these days eye candy and nothing more. Yes the 3rd and final film is suppose to be the best but dosnt mean anyone will like it...

Greenpants

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2003
Ketchikan, Alaska
to be honest i havent been impressed with the movies so far because well its all eye candy. which of course most films are these days eye candy and nothing more.

Yeah they just added in all those epic battles to provide us with eye candy, they weren't really in the books. :rolleyes:

heuer007

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2003
Originally posted by Sabenth
how can i complain if i dont go see the movie. to be honest i havent been impressed with the movies so far because well its all eye candy. which of course most films are these days eye candy and nothing more. Yes the 3rd and final film is suppose to be the best but dosnt mean anyone will like it...

lol thats just funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.