Steve Jobs Emailed me back in 6 minutes!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rfbandit, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rfbandit macrumors regular

rfbandit

I sent Steve an email and he responded in 6 minutes, very impressive. Check it out.

Attached Files:

2. Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    Didn't they change/repurpose the pins in the USB connectors? If so, he should probably know that.

3. vitasenza macrumors member

If that was actually him, and not someone answering emails under his name, then that's pretty impressive for a man in his possition.

As to the problem in the email, I would think if you have a 3g, it shouldn't have charged with a firewire charger ever, at least that's what others have reported.
    If it's a 1st gen iPhone then who knows. I have a car dock that I installed to play music and it still charges and plays, I would assume that it uses the firewire connection like most other car chargers, but IDK.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You emailed Steve Jobs because of this? Do you email the president when there's a pothole in your street? Eesh.

5. James L macrumors 6502a

Why on earth would you email Steve Jobs with a question like that?

6. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Why not? He's just a human like everyone else

7. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yes he just said Pot is illegal. :mad:

8. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

9. Medi-Swab macrumors newbie

+ 1

10. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

No wonder Push isn't out yet. He's been responding to silly emails such as the OP's.

11. Aurial macrumors 6502

You guys put Jobs up on some bloody pedestal! He's only a computer geek.

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Wrong person. Woz is the geek. Jobs is a Barnum-like salesman.

As for the emails, I like the explanation someone else came up with... that Apple must've hired a bunch of people named "Steve" to sit in a room and write replies ;)

13. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

As far as I'm concerned, Steve Jobs is just another apple employee. Yes, he owns the company... but I bought his product and he is just another yo-yo at Apple. If I need help, I don't care if John Doe from customer service helps me or Steve Jobs himself.

He is not a unique and beautiful snow flake. He's not his freakin' khaki's.

14. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I am sure the shareholders would disagree…

15. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

You know, I almost put "controlling shares" in the company but figured, what the heck...

16. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Do you routinely email company CEOs for customer service?

17. stevearm macrumors 6502a

He also replied to me in about 6 minutes, with one word: "Why?" - after replying to that, he emailed back again with a longer response

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well, the CEO of Chrysler Robert Nardelli is in the habit of calling customers personally to ask them about their new car.

Not really a bad idea for a CEO to occasionally connect directly with the customer base, since this prevents the "yes men" in the organization from filtering their responses and providing a distorted view of their problems.

19. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

You know if Steve Jobs where to answer all of the emails sent to him by people like the OP he wouldn't have time to do anything else. I'm sure this is just an automatic response to a very common question.

It's not that Steve Jobs is on some mythical pedestal it just that he has more important sh*t to be doing than answering email all day.

20. Aurial macrumors 6502

He looks like a geek to me.

To be fair though he must be a very busy man, he doesn't even have time to change his clothes.

21. bstpierre macrumors 6502

22. macaco74 macrumors regular

It would be neat to get a response from Steve if I sent an e-mail but the fact that there have been so many posts like this in the last couple of months leads me to believe that it is someone else.

23. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

No kidding. OP: Did you need to bother the Royal one about such a lame question?:p

24. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The weird/sad thing is that Apple seems to think it's okay to send little replies about the status of various fixes, but to otherwise publicly ignore the issues.

What is this? A kid's web 2.0 method of keeping people up to date? Relying on emails being spread around the net? Is viral support all we get?

Just another reason why enterprises avoid Apple.

25. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Right...so if you had a Final Cut Pro question you'd e-mail it to an iPod engineer then? :rolleyes:

Here's a fact, not everyone knows everything, and you get better help if you ask the people who know the most about your problem.