Steve Jobs himself worked on this IPhone before he died

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i84CTBound, Sep 7, 2012.

1. i84CTBound macrumors newbie

I recall hearing last year just after the great Mr Jobs died, that he personally worked on this iPhone that we all are expecting to see last year. I read he had nothin to do with the iPhone 4S. Now if this is true all these leaked parts of the iPhone can't be what is in store for us Sept 12. Jobs would have never allowed apple to just release a larger screen iPhone 4/4s. That's not a redesign. What do u think people. And can anyone recall hearing about this.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I heard he worked on the next 2-3 years of products.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

He left a plan for the next 5 years. So anything we see between now and 2016 (5 years from last year), Steve was involved with in some way.

4. ARSC macrumors 6502

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think you are sadly mistaken then about what we are getting sept.12

6. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Is that a good thing?

No argument from me that that Steve Jobs was a visionary (with considerable credit to his design team also) etc., but even he could not have been able to accurately predict what Apple's competitors have and will be doing for the next 5 years. Apple has to adapt to it's competition, just as Apple's competition adapts to Apple.

Personally I'd be rather worried about Apple's future if it was religiously following one person's roadmap. Apple's hardware and iOS influence third party developed iOS applications and competitor's offerings, which in turn should influence Apple's decisions regarding iOS core functionality and hardware.

Innovation is great, having a strong vision is great, being blind to the market place is not.

7. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

I'm not sure what the rumored design actually has in common with the iPhone 4/4S besides the same pixel density. :confused:

8. Tig Bitties macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

For sure Steve Jobs worked on the upcoming iPhone5, and I am sure Apple will use that sad marketing to help sell it to the fans, saying Jobs spent his final days on this design, and said this is what our customers want.

And maybe even the iPhone 5S next year also has Steve Jobs hands on it. But after that, I doubt it, I would think the iPhone 6 due in 2014 will be the first iPhone mostly done without Jobs involvement, and we see how that goes ? Could be a much better product compared to the competition, or it will have lost something, and start to go down in sales...time will tell

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm curious what WOULD constitute as a redesign to you then.

Going from what we've seen, the iPhone 5 has a different size ratio, is made of completely different materials, is two toned, and has a unibody metal frame.

Or do you consider ANY rectangular smartphone with a touch screen on one side to be the same.

10. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Sorry, but.... Is this really important ? :confused:

Nope

11. i84CTBound thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all if the iPhone 5(if that is even the name of it) does look like the leaked photos, Isn't a redesign. What planet do you live on. To stretch the screen of the iPhone 4/4s a half of inch. Change up the internals a bit. Doesn't qualify as a redesigned iPhone. It's an 4 inch iPhone 4/4s with some new guts.

12. kannesss macrumors 6502a

yeah, this is the same thing i read.

Kinda crazy, i would love to see that plan haha:rolleyes:

13. i84CTBound thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess you work for apple then. Cause no one can say for sure yet if the new iPhone will be two toned or one solid color all the way around. Rumors are floating all over the net bout the real look of the device. Assumptions make people look like You can fill in the blank.

14. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...once again, if I look at my 4S, I see that the back is made of glass and there is a steel band around the outside of it. The 5 has neither. It does, on the other hand, have a unibody two-tone design that my 4S does not have, and the front facing camera and headphone jack have been moved.

Sure, it's the same in that it's a rectangle (although a different shaped one) with a touch screen, home button, and speaker all visible on the front... but that's Apple's way of branding the phone and isn't supposed to change (much like the grill of most cars from any given manufacturer all look the same).

15. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Again, we are all going on rumors. Which ones would you like to discuss? Because most rumors have the "iPhone 5" looking like it has almost nothing in common with the iPhone 4/4S other than pixel density.

16. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Why does every iPhone need a new design, just so you can let people know you have the latest and greatest iPhone? Seriously, change for the sake of it is a waste of time, effort and resources, change should be in a positive direction, as the leaks have been.

And you obviously have no idea of the time and effort that is spent reworking the internals of a mobile communications device. It's not simply a case of grabbing a new CPU/CPU from the shelf and throwing it in the device. The 4 -> 4S internal redesign was absolutely HUGE, but you obviously only care about what people can see.

17. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

You must be trolling. The leaked design is square with rounded corners, has the same buttons, and that's where any similarities end. That it isn't what you want it to be doesn't change anything about this fact.

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The back is totally different, which leaves the front, so you must only count "front changes" I guess.

Since EVERY iPhone as had the same front, you must think the iPhone hasn't changed at all in 5 years.

No wonder you're upset.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Keep thinking that.
    Remember what Steve Job said is worth less than the stuff that comes out my rear.
    SJ was a marketing guy to his core.
    Up until the day Apple went intel he said Intel sucks PPC is the way to go. next day it was the other way around.

SJ also said Apple would never make a tablet. We all know how that turned out.

Sum it up. Never trust what Steve Job says Apple will never do. It should be counted as 100% pure BS.

20. vastoholic, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012

vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Appears to be very troll like in behavior.

All I read was "I heard this, I heard that, and Steve Jobs wouldn't let this happen"

Jesus **** people. The man is gone. Get over it. Time Cook will run the company how he sees fit. Stop complaining about everything little thing and just be happy with what we have, because the technology we have today is truly amazing, regardless if it's in a two toned body or an all glass body.

21. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I heard he left halograms of his ideas in this
    [​IMG]

for the next 5 years because everyone else is incompitent :rolleyes:

----------

True. Everyone who believes the next 5 years will be all Steve Jobs is insane. He probably had little to do with this phone and even less with the next one,...if anything. Cook would be a moron not to do what he thinks is best for the company. Thats what those in charge do when they takeover, whether it works out or not.

22. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

well it looks almost the same as the 4 (he worked on that one)... soo yeah he "worked" on it ;)

23. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I don't see why people want such a redesign when the 4/4S looks great. Sure something new would be nice, but the design is so nice as it is, the 5 (imo looks good, waiting to see it in person) is a upgraded design of the 4/4S design, because it worked so well. You can obviously see they're trying to make it more drop friendly by adding the two-tone back, which will have a less chance of smashing your iPhone when you drop it.

It's a good design.

24. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Exactly what I've heard and read as well.

25. nostresshere macrumors 68030

That is a sad statement.

That statement means that if somebody comes up with a new way to slice bread this year, that it will not be included because Steve did not think about it.

Silly logic.

(to say his vision and ideas will be part of many/most things coming out in 5 years might be possible)