"Steve Jobs in Kansai Airport Bust-Up"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pauld, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Different country, different customs. He must be able to see that through his ego.

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

3. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

That was maybe the revenge for the sim-locked iPads here in Japan ...

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

In the FWIW department, if you purchased an iPad 3G from Softbank here in Japan, you can use other micro-SIMS while traveling outside of Japan. For example, you can use an AT&T micro-SIM while in the US.

However, if you purchased an iPad 3G in the US, as of today, you cannot use it in Japan. Softbank will not give or sell you a micro-SIM. I've heard on good authority that this issue will be fixed soon. But how soon is debatable as this is Japan and I'm not holding my breath. :eek: :D

5. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

He still flew into a foreign country and failed to declare hidden weapons. It doesn't matter if he's the Pope if the Queen of England, he (or his helpers) need to go though the correct customs protocols.

I can't fly into Thailand and say to customs: " Piss off, it's my private jet I ca smoke pot on board if I want."

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You give him too much credit.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Hopefully he had the iPhone 5 and iPad 2 on him :D

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

What drove me angry was when I preordered and picked up the iPad in Shibuya Apple Store that they wouldn't give me an 3G-iPad without SB contract; even the smallest prepaid contract force me to pay for two years (1500 Yen/month).

But on the other side I didn't wanted a non-3G iPad because when I need in other countries nice to have the capabilities or on the few cases I'm not on WiFi. Lesson learned: next time I will buy a mobile WiFi Router ... is more flexible and could also use with my MBP. And all that is quite off-topic ...

9. daver11 macrumors regular

His response was mild compared to other rich and famous persons. They usually scream and yell and throw a tantrum and swear at everyone!. He just made a comment! Big deal!

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

The Japanese are famous for following procedures. :)

It looks like SJ thought he didn't have to follow their procedures because he was in a private jet. And now he knows.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

In later news, Apple is pulling out of the Japanese market and all stores will be closed. :)

12. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Plus Apple to restart selling old Nanos that explode to Japanese customers :D

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

in defense of japanese security, if the security check lead to a common post-security area, than the control is fully warranted.
    Otherwise you could have maliciously-minded individuals rent a private jet, introduce all sort of weaponry into the airport by that route and then transfer them to their grunts to carry on their malfaesances

14. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This...per the article (for those who don't wish to read it), "the airport doesn't have separate boarding arrangements for private jet users."

Jobs, by reportedly (according to the article) saying "he'll never come back to Japan" is being juvenile.

15. linus38 macrumors newbie

linus38

To me the stupid thing is not attempting to bring Ninja throwing stars to a plane but buying such a weapon. In fact I think that buying weapon is plain stupid and buying a Ninja throwing stars is both infantile and stupid !
    Up to now I though that Steve Jobs was a clever guy. If this news is true I will be very, very, very disappointed indeed.

16. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I guess he was trying out new ways to stop all those Vietnamese leaks we kept getting a few months back :D

17. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

If you guys read the front page article you would realize this is all made up. ;)