Steve Jobs lost $30M today as Apple stock fell, 1 day after Consumer Reports article

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jul 13, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Since Apple doesn't seem to respond to their consumers, maybe they will to their pocketbook.

One day following the Consumer Reports article on iPhone issues, Apple fell $5.49 per share.

Steve Jobs owns over 5.4 Million shares, meaning he personally lost nearly $30 million dollars today.

Sure the stock goes up and down, but maybe, just maybe if stock falls for a period of time he will pull back on the arrogance, and he will actually fix the proximity sensor issue and reported antenna issue.... or at least TELL US what is happening.

2. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

That doesn't really strike me as a huge loss for them, but I could be wrong...:confused:.

He didn't lose that money unless he sells all his shares...they're going to go back up again and he's not going to sell his shares anytime soon.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Hope it falls more. Apple can't just point the finger at their customers.

4. RC83 macrumors 6502

Dude, he just made BILLIONS by selling 1.7 million $700 iphones in 3 days..

5. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

They sold more than that. That's just how many have been bought by consumers, not by distributors and resellers.

6. RC83 macrumors 6502

TRILLIONS then?? lol or hundreds of billlions of dollars

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Doesn’t he use $30 million rolled up for toilet paper?

8. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

I'm sure it's just billions. :)

Never know until they report their earnings I guess, which this should be one of their most profitable quarters...maybe.

@aggie -- Probably.

9. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Missing the point folks. Even though they're still making millions, they might be missing out on even more than that.

In other words: They might make 200 million dollars in August. Without the bad press they might have made 250 million dollars. (I'm making these numbers up of course).

It's not about how much they're making, it's about how much they're losing.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

The money isn't an issue.

Steve Jobs doesn't like to be questioned. Not his motives. His products. His thought process. His company.

He has an ego. And worse than losing money today - no doubt he's frustrated that people are not seeing the world the way he wants to. He wants things done his way and damn anyone that tells him otherwise.

Does he care - who knows. But there's no doubt, in my mind, at least that he's throwing his arms up in the air and shaking his head. And no doubt fighting with his PR team on next steps. No doubt he is arguing that nothing's wrong and that no response is necessary aside from the OS updates. And no doubt the PR team is telling him to suck it up, so to speak.

I would love to be a fly in that room to hear the PR teams and Jobs debating what to do.

11. bigchief macrumors 6502a

If Jobs owns 4.5 million shares, he owns $ 1,373,274,000.00 worth of Apple, after the stock dropped. No big deal for Jobs.

12. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

He doesn't make a penny off of that. He only makes money if Apple stock goes up.

Since iPhone 4 release day Jun 24, Apple stock has fallen $14.90 per share.

So even though Apple may have sold 1.7 million iPhones, since release day Steve Jobs has LOST nearly $81 million.

13. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Do you really think he's that big of a prick?

14. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Not directly, no. But it IS money in his pocket in other ways. Right before the iPhone 4 came out don't you think people were in a mad rush investing in AAPL?

@wheezy -- What's to think about? He's definitely an egomaniac who loves things his way or no way at all.

15. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I really think that he is just. His company does not want to come clean about the defects that the iPhone 4 has because they do not want to waste money on fixing it or doing a recall !

16. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I think he's a shrewd, savvy and opinionated CEO. I don't fault him for that "per se" - but he's known to be a very difficult person to work for. Nuff said.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

yes

19. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

I think you have your answer. Does anyone here actually invest in AAPL? Just curious...:cool:.

20. D3lta macrumors 6502a

21. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

If you put the stock price in perspective from June 8th (the day of iP4 announcement) to today, the share is still up more than $8.

22. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

It's one of the few stocks that fell today which is a direct indicator that confidence was lost among share holders.

Attached Files:

• -1.png
      -1.png
      File size:
      247.7 KB
      Views:
  23. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Maybe oh maybe, there realy just is no problem.. ever think of that?

24. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I dunno man, I'm not nearly as rich as El Jobso, but I mess around with stocks just for fun and when the thought of losing money pops into my head I freak out. Maybe the slightest dent in his wallet could make him rethink how he's handling the people who are the reason why he can afford to lose 30m in one day and not care.

On a side note, I am the owner of a lot of Apple products. But when I invested in Google stock a few years back, I couldn't of made a better decision. :)