Steve Jobs on Antenna Issue, "Stay tuned. We are working on it."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jul 1, 2010.

1. forza1976 macrumors regular

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, Steve really kept responding to that moron. Sure. It’s on the internet, so it must be true.:rolleyes:

I emailed Steve:

Steve,

Send me a billion bucks.

aggie

aggie,

It’s on the way. Check your Paypal.

Steve….sent from my iPhone 4

3. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Gotta agree though. how can Jobs say they are working on it AND say there is no problem? :confused:

4. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

There is NO doubt they are working on something in my mind.

People lack patience, but I understand the discontent due to Apple's lack of communication.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

That makes me wonder if the exchange truly did happen in the first place.

7. drtimo macrumors member

Apple are not doing themselves any favours by keeping us in the dark.

Tell us what you're working on!!

8. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Maybe because they have a fix in line and it's not really a problem in their mind because it's going to be resolved? Who knows....

9. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

But you have to remember peoples return dates are drawing closer and closer.

Also that article is fake. Too wordy for Steve plus 'Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it.' Not something Steve would say in my opinion.

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

They could change the formula used to compute the bars. If the majority of people aren't dropping calls when it shows 1 bar of signal, change that to be 3 bars. Then when people wrap their hands around the bottom-left, the display of bars won't plummet nearly as much.

God forbid people actually return the damn things.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Obvious fake! None of the default sigs on any iPhone specify what generation they are. :D

12. shawntkeating macrumors member

Then the people should make a statement with their wallets and return it. Its not like you will never get to buy it later or something.

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Before I start, let me make it clear that I am an iPhone 4 user and have been extremely pleased with the phone thus far. With that said......

Steve Jobs should really stop responding to these emails. In just about every one of them, he comes across as a condescending jackass. "Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it."?
    One one hand, he's absolutely correct with that statement. On the other, someone paid him for a defective product and that is not the kind of statement that you make to that person, especially if he truly has been a loyal customer of over 20 years.

I think that most people knew that Jobs was an arrogant ass, but it seems that the few that didn't are starting to realize it for themselves. "Rumors"? I guess that the people who have experienced this issue firsthand are just making this up?

14. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Very true. It comes down to this. Can you live with the phone as is?

For me? Hell yes, I love it.

If you answer no to that then waiting for a fix is not a good idea. I would always assume something is as good as it gets and consider it a bonus if it improves.

I've had flawless phone operation since day one even though in my low signal bedroom I can recreate the problem by intentionally covering the lower left. The phone has been stellar for me.

If that's not the case for someone else then they should consider another phone.

15. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I don't believe that's real for a minute. There seems to be a lot of "Steve Jobs said..." No chance he'd reply back and forth that much.

Though I do believe the Frontpage MR Emails. That sounds just like Steve...and I don't believe Blu-Ray will ever come to Macs.

16. XLR8 macrumors regular

17. shawntkeating macrumors member

I will give you a couple clues.

He is not a boy and he is not genius.

18. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Yeah, like Steve responded to an email that began with:

"Stop with jackass comments."

:rolleyes:

19. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Boy Genius

is a reputable technology source. If he says "We have verified the email headers and information, and believe this exchange to be 100% legitimate" then I believe it.

20. zerostar macrumors regular

Most of us are being patient... we just don't want to see our return window slip away while we wait.

But why are we being patient? Besides 2 (hopefully real) emails Apple has done nothing to make us believe they are working on anything. Quite the opposite with that leaked Applecare document.

21. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Untill someone who isn't you. You being the thread starter and all, I won't believe that statement or the article.
    No offence or anything, I have just never heard if boygenius.

22. zerostar macrumors regular

They have been around a while and they have been at the forefront of some big leaks. BGR is legit and I believe this 100%.

23. PezRadar macrumors regular

BGR Confirmed it. They are a very well known blog/news site for mobile phones. Probably one of the largest.

24. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

If you look at the, I'm presuming, copy and paste of the emails you can see none of them say '-Steve' at the end.
    You could argue that this is because they didn't copy and paste that bit, but on the third reply from Steve you see 'sent from my iphone'. Now this comes after '-Steve'.
    So again I'm calling fake.
    Sorry but untill I see some actual proof I don't want to get my hopes up for a fix. I would be delighted to be proven wrong.