Steve Jobs says NO to exchanges on color once the WHITE Iphone comes out

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nvjusme, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvjusme macrumors member

nvjusme

Here is what Steve Jobs said when I emailed him about exchange my Black Iphone 4 for the White Iphone 4:

If you want white, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks until it is available. We will not be accepting returns for color exchanges.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2010, at 11:31 PM, R.K. <xxxxxxxx@comcast.net> wrote:

I don't understand why you wouldn't allow this. It's not our fault that the white color is not out yet. This is Apple's fault and/or the manufacturing companies fault so why should YOUR customers get stuck with a color that they don't want. We all stood in line today for this great phone but only had one choice of color.

Apple has been so great about letting customer's upgrade early 2 years in a row now from one generation iPhone to another and now we will be stuck with no choice of color.

Why even make the white color then?

This accommodation would not been that big of a deal for Apple because your customers are loyal to you and would be very grateful if you did this.

I am disappointed to see you say this.

Good night,
    Ray

On Jun 24, 2010, at 11:21 PM, Steve Jobs wrote:

No.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2010, at 11:15 PM, R. K. <xxxxxxx@comcast.net> wrote:

Hello Steve,

I think Apple should allow customers to exchange their black color phones for white color phones because of the delay in manufacturing.
    What do you think? Will Apple be extending this courtesy to it's customers?

Thanks
    Ray

2. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

No, but you purchased it...

What a stupid request :rolleyes:

3. ethical macrumors 68000

If you want white that badly then wait for white! Why would you expect them to swap a used phone for a new one, just because you were too impatient?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why would you buy the black one if you want a white one? Apple owes you nothing. If you want a white one you should have waited. Patience is a virtue.

People think they're entitled to anything and everything.

5. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

6. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

7. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

8. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Next time stand in line for the phone you want then, rather than the one that's just available now. Jeez, it's not like the white being unavailable thing was kept secret beforehand.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

You know, there's this really helpful thing, kind of a phenomenon really, it's called: WAITING. :rolleyes:

Sure it's ridiculous that Apple didn't just release the white on the same day but they are jerks like that. If you bought a colour that you didn't really want, that's your problem. Apple is under no responsibility to pacify your unrestrained impatience.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you buy a black car because the dealer doesn't have a white one in stock, you can't just go and swap it a month later when they get a white one in stock.

11. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

12. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I can genuinely see the point in a lot of consumer complaints. But this is beyond excuse. In what world do you live in that you think you could have possibly done this anyway?

Ray, you are the lowest of the low of the entitlement crowd. I suggest you wise up.

13. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

OP, you're demonstrating a terrible lack of... common sense? Judgement? Reasoning? Patience? Intelligence? Responsibility for your own actions?

All of the above, perhaps.

Edit: If I could positive rep niuniu, above, for his closing sentence, I would.

14. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

+1 to steve, -1 to OP - really!

I cannot even believe this one... oh dear some people....

15. ukmaestro macrumors newbie

As much as I would love to have my iPhone 4 right now, I want white. Thus, common sense stands that I should wait until white becomes available?!

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Agreed. My respect for Steve "non-issue" Jobs is at an all-time low but even I agree with him here.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No Ray, it's not Apples fault that you can't wait a few weeks before buying the latest toy.

Here's a little information on delayed gratification...

delayed gratification is the ability to wait in order to obtain something that one wants. This attribute is known by many names, including impulse control, will power, self control and, in economics, "low" time preference. In formal terms of accounting, an individual should calculate net present value of future rewards and defer near-term rewards of lesser value. Extensive research has shown that animals don't do this, but instead apply hyperbolic discounting, so this problem is fundamental to human nature.

18. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Stop blaming a company for your consumer impatience...just wait for it...

-J.-

19. timerollson macrumors 65816

20. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Because then they'd have a stock of used black iPhones. They can no longer sell them as new. It would be a terrible business decision.

This was known before the official release release. If you waited in line thinking you'd get a white, then you should have done your product research prior to buying.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Jesus is this kindergarten where you received chocolate milk when you asked for white? Then throw a tantrum on the school steps?

Wait for the white Iphone if you want one, why the hell would apple take a bunch of used phones in exchange for brand new white ones?

22. fansie macrumors member

because mom.. I have to havveeeeeeeeee it nowwwwwwwwwwww

23. nvjusme thread starter macrumors member

nvjusme

WOW...what a series of responses

WOW....what a series of responses, no support at all. I did talk to some Apple mgmt and you can do an exchange for white if it comes out within 30 days.
    Iphone/Apple lovers don't want to wait.

Either way...black or white color, you have to admit that the Iphone 4 is awesome!

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What, did you actually think anybody would agree with the sense of entitlement displayed here?

With a restocking fee.

They can always freeze themselves and have somebody unfreeze them when the white iPhone comes out.

Unless you want to make calls while holding it.

25. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.