Steve Jobs: Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Jayrod, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Jayrod macrumors regular

I don't know about you, but I think he definitely deserves to be on this list. He is probably one of the only people in the world who could introduce an empty tissue box as the next "big thing", and we would all run out to buy one. Unfortunately, there is someone out there who has it in for Mr. Jobs and is sandbagging his votes. See the article here:

http://www.powerpage.org/2008/04/time_magazine_most_influential_people_top_10_has_no_jobs.html

Or you can forgo the article and just go straight to voting for Steve here:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1725112_1723512_1723883,00.html

With our help, we can get him back into the top 10 where he belongs!

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I don't know if he deserves to be top ten. I've read plenty of articles displaying that our friend steve can be some what of a dick at times. narrow minded and very egotistical. He's brilliant, but has his faults

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

faults don't discount one's influence though.

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

true. i am a big fan a steve don't get me wrong, very influential, top 10 in the world...i cant see it

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Any poll that has Ballmer as more influential that Jobs must be rigged.

6. Jayrod thread starter macrumors regular

LOL! Yeah - what exactly has Monkey Boy done this year to be on that list at all??

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if this was say... of all time... then yes of course i'd agree. its of the year though and steve has won in the past i believe. in the past year has he been the most influential? i'd say he's probably somewhere in the top ten with the iphone and ipod, along with itunes running as strong as they are. combined with the growth of macs i'd say hes somewhere in the bottom half perhaps, though. the impact of the iphone was huge.

8. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i guess i didn't look at it as this year. He has done a lot with apple over the last year or so

9. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

i think you are right about the part in italics. and when you say "we would all run", please exclude me.

. .. just cuz..steve said so, it must be....

ummm... not really.. me thinks. ;)

btw, what exactly is his influence?
    i command thee buy this, this is the most revolutionary thing ever. BOOOM ? and en masse buys it? that's what makes him "influential?"

oh my bad.. i guess it does! *chukles*

--
    just had a look at the list. what joke.
    people that are actually giving a damn about lives, climate change, war in sudan, for a better world are undervoted than some comedians? game designer? fatty spears? maybe actually steve deserves to be on this list.