Steve Jobs to Reveal the iPhone at the 8th Annual All Things Digital?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dhjapple89, Apr 27, 2010.

1. dhjapple89 macrumors member

AppleInsider is reporting that Steve Jobs might reveal all the details at the 8th annual All Things Digital event which runs from June 1 - 3. Walt Mossberg of Wall Street Journal confirms that Steve Jobs will be there along with James Cameron and Steve Ballmer.

The dates seems to correspond with the vacation block that AT&T put on their employees in June. I believe that if Jobs waited to announce the iPhone at WWDC (which the dates haven't been announced) then the iPhone wouldn't be released until July because rumors point to WWDC being later in the month of June.

What does everyone else thing?

iPhone 4th Generation announcement on June 1??

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

While they have generally done this at WWDC, perhaps they will focus on the iPad 4.0 software update instead. Seems possible then that he would reveal the details at ATD8.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Then what would he talk about at WWDC? Steve Jobs likes to be in control to show off his stuff. He's not going to be able to do that at D8. I seriously doubt this is going to happen.

They'll do a refresh on iPhoneOS 4.0 for sure, hopefully they'll have additional information on the "iPadOS" 4.0.

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I highly doubt it. Jobs has never revealed anything grand at All Things D. It’s mostly been an hour long Q&A session about Apple’s current products and strategy and a minor announcement.

- In 2007 (D5), Jobs revealed YouTube would be added to the Apple TV and iPhone.

http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070530/steve-jobs-ceo-of-apple/

- In 2005 (D3), Jobs revealed podcasts would be added to the iTunes Store.

- In 2004 (D2), Jobs announced and demoed AirPort Express and AirTunes.

- In 2003 (D1), Jobs demoed the iTunes Store (it had just launched).

5. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

iPhone reveal at All Things D and a sneak peek of Mac OS X 10.7 at WWDC! :D Boy, that'd make my year.

6. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

i would laugh so hard if steve makes some snide remark about the lost iphone/gizmodo incident.

7. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

It's the pink polkadot hippopotamus in the room. Everybody will be expecting Mossberg to ask about it and Jobs knows Mossberg will bring it up. He'll want to pre-empt the question and be able to address it on his terms.

8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I highly doubt Steve will bring that new iPhone out.

9. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Wow, what an insightful comment from such reputable source with evidences as support.

10. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

Wow, what a sarcastic comment in a discussion which is only about a 'what if' situation. He said he doubts it. What evidence or proof would you need to doubt something? Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

TT

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Will he be on stage at the same time as Ballmer? Like he was with Gates? If so, he should bring Ballmer an iPad as a gift. :p