Stick with new Macbook Pro 13 or change for new 15 MBP in next 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jasonburnett3, May 4, 2010.

1. jasonburnett3 macrumors newbie

Had for six years a Sony Vaio TR1MP , 512MB, 40GB HD, pentium 1ghz m processor which cost £1800 back in april 2004, completely broke screen wise, power connector, track pad and web cam. also had a £250 20gb sony mp3 player which has gone kaput..!

Purchased from apple store in london new Macbook pro 2,4ghz, 250GB, 4gb RAM for £999 plus the apple care protection for 3 years.

I still have £400 to spend and wish for advice on..

1) upgrading existing 13 inch to 2.66 GHZ - cost £279

2) upgrading hard drive for SSD of 128mb - cost £269

3) changing for basic 15 inch model with i5 processor - £499 extra

4) Stick with what i have and buy new iphone 4g in two months or a decent set of focal or Bowers and Wilkins desktop speakers.

This will only be my second ever computer purchase, used for social networking, editing and arranging photo and travelblogs, music playing, watching tv in my bedroom such as skysports news and world cup action and mixing music, emails, i works applications like pages and numbers. I do not want a desktop and laptop, it kind of defeats the object for me having two computers.

Will the 15inch better processor and grahics card and sound serve me better over next 4-5 years than what i have. I hardly ever took my vaio out of the house here in london when i thnk about the last six years and i want an iphone this year cos i have had same mobile for six years also.

Many thanks for your help on this and im sure this post is similar to others.

jason

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wow, you asked that same question in a lot of threads.

For your needs, the 13" MBP will be more than fine, if you can live with the resolution. The 15" has a bigger resolution, which might come in handy when editing photos, but many use a 13" for this too.

3. jasonburnett3 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

yeah i did post in a coupe of others these questions, it is just i have a short time to change the machine i have under my 28 day warranty, and i want to make sure i make the right decision.

i tend to buy the more high end products instead of just upgrading every few years