Stick with the 8gb iPod Nano or exchange for a 30gb iPod Video?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by brgnewman, Aug 5, 2007.

1. brgnewman macrumors member

I am stuck right now; I purchased a black 8gb iPod Nano last week for $269.99 (CDN) at Future Shop and I have already filled up over half my nano. Now, Future Shop is also selling the 30gb iPod Video for only $267.99 right now.

I love the size of the Nano but I am starting to wonder if it will be filled up too soon and if I will begin to start putting videos on my iPod. Would you say exchange it or keep the nano?

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Personally, I would exchange it. If they'll let you. The video is small and light it's not that big a difference. I love my Nano and use it all the time. I only put upbeat songs on it since my library is way bigger. I love using it at the gym but the video would hold my whole library and movies and it's not much bigger.

3. MacJediDude macrumors member

MacJediDude

I would stick with the nano, do you really need your entire music library with you at all times? or would changing in and out a few thousand favorites make more sense? I have a 30G iPod video, playing video sucks down the battery so fast I rarely use it for anything but music.

4. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

I agree.... just keep the nano. It's perfect for carrying the music you might actually listen to during the day.

For example, I have about 74 GB of music (almost 17,000 songs) in my iTunes, but I just keep about 3 GB of my favorites on my nano. It saves me the time of looking through the music that I rarely listen to.

5. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

6. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I think a video and a shuffle is the best. But thats just me :)

7. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

For me, being able to watch video trumps sexiness.

8. brgnewman thread starter macrumors member

Haha, so i did exchange it and I love the iPod video :D

The guy in mobile music had a chuckle and said not an issue and swapped it right over for me. I really do prefer the iPod video; I find the screen brighter and crisper and the click wheel better to navigate with for some reason.

Overall, extremely happy with this iPod; and it's not that big actually!
    - Barret

9. robPOD macrumors 6502

Glad your happy with the trade but I would have Stuck it out with the 8gb nano and waited to see what september brings.

10. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

It's always been hard for me. To keep it to two iPods, I would personally sell the 8GB, buy a 2GB Nano, and then put the rest of the money towards a 30GB Video, and then down the line, a Shuffle 1G or 2G.

I love my shuffle to death, but would really enjoy a screen to browse music with friends, but sometimes don't want to take a larger iPod with me, so the Nano would be perfect, but that may be just me.

NickD