Sticky 4S screen and back? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rkeato1, Nov 12, 2011.

1. rkeato1, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

rkeato1 macrumors regular

1.) I wash my hands, frequently and thoroughly.
    2.) I've never used an iPhone without an Anti-Glare screen protector or a case
    3.) I wipe my phone down daily

Alright, so the first few days of use with my phone were touch-bliss: smooth screen, no dragging or finger smudging grippiness. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to go naked, caseless and screen protector-less.

But after using the 4S for a few days I noticed the screen was becoming sticky. I washed my hands thoroughly and used iKlear on the phone with a microfiber cloth, but the feeling returned a few minutes into use. Then I noticed my fingers on both hands began to feel perpetually sticky... Like a mild sappy feeling that doesn't go away after washing. The screen also smudges very easily... Is this normal?

I used a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector on my 3GS so I'm not sure of this is just what happens with a bare screen. I've been refraining from using one on the 4S because of the retina display.

Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks for reading.

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

How very odd.

I haven't had this myself, on any of my devices, so i'm not sure what to suggest. Is it possible for some sort of oil or grease to be on there?

After a good scrub with iKlear and a cloth, it should be fine.