Still cant decide MBP 2.53 or 2.66 or MBP 13" 2.53 or MBA 2.13?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yuanmoons, Aug 7, 2009.

1. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

I took the 15" uMBP 2.66 on an exchange for my '07 MBP 15" 2.4 two weeks tomorrow - i kinda decided ill keep what i got but with tomorrow the final day im wondering whether i should change..... put money difference to Applecare...

I was thinking of the MBA first but it feels alittle too "light-weight" in terms of performance. It will prob cover my usage requirements but im not sure i would be happy in the longer term as my main computer and the 13" screen.

Only today i realised the 2.66 MBP has the 9600 graphics card that i dont need at all - im a regular home user. So the 15" 2.53 sounds fine and the money difference i can put towards Applecare.

Then i thought maybe the 13" MBP is a good compromise between performance & size. Itll do everything i need it too and the weight & size difference is decent, plus applecare all in ....but 13" screen ....

Tomorrow is the last day to change (maybe Sunday if i push it) or keep the 15" 2.66 - any words of advice?

If i do change i can just clone the superduper disk image over to any of them right?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

What does a monitor have to do with anything? :confused:

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sorry I meant get the 13" and monitor.

5. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

nah, i want a LAPtop. No wires or extra screens desired....

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Then I would just keep your current one.

7. dhena81 macrumors newbie

The MBA is not a stand alone computer dont make that mistake. Get the 13" 2.53 and not the 15" 2.53 unless you want to pay an extra 200 dollars for 2" of screen. The 13" is fine with the swipe gestures and command H you'll be fine I love my little MBP I also have a 25.5" external display though to I know you don't care for one but its nice to have.

8. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

The thought of wiping the mbp, repacking and exchanging it is too much hassle. Im going to keep my 2.66. Ill find the £300 for applecare in 12 months.

The end.