Carrier Still have a year left on my next plan BUT want new iPhone 6sPlus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nmartinez09, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Nmartinez09 macrumors newbie

I need help making a decision...

My husband and I purchased our iPhone 6 pluses last Dec./Jan. Our next upgrade isn't until June since we did the next 18 (we should have done the 12...) Anyways what I would like to do is get two NEW 6s pluses through Apples program so I'm guaranteed a new phone every year. Could I theoretically keep paying for our AT&T NEXT 6 Pluses since I can't cancel my next and I don't want to pay it off so my son can use them as an iPod and just keep them after I have paid my 24 installments and use the new iPhones BOUGHT with APPLES new financing with our current phone/data plans?

Yes, I know I will be paying double for a year since I owe still on those 2 iPhone 6 and will now owe Apple for the two new iPhone 6s but will this affect my mobile share plan at all?

I have our phones already reserved to pick-up at store but want to use the time between now and the 25th to make sure I won't be charged some hidden fee somewhere or if I'm required to activate a new line for the two new phones...

I hope I'm not too confusing!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!!

I just want to know if I can purchase 2 new phones with Apples new financing and switch my two current lines to those new phones without getting charged some crazy fee... I don't want to trade in my current phones since I will continue to pay for it since I want it for my son (he's only 8 so instead of buying a mini iPad he has the 6Plus) but without any cellular or data service on them.

2. wxnats macrumors 6502a

No, I do not believe you'll be able to do that. You'd have to pay off the remainder of your Next upgrade balance (they will give you two balances: the amount remaining to pay off to upgrade and the total amount remaining on the phone). You will need to pay off at least to the upgrade amount.

Check your eligibility via the Apple app. It takes a minute.

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. I can't see any info on Apples site that says you have to be eligible for an upgrade to participate. From what I can tell your plan should work fine.

4. Nmartinez09 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have checked and did see those options...

BUT, since if be getting it through APPLE I thought it would be kinda of like BYOD so I would just be paying for all 4 phones, but using the new phones with our current cellular and data plans and the ones I purchased with the NEXT plan with no service... Basically I'm the only one being screwed since I'm still paying AT&T right?

5. Nmartinez09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Ok gives me hope! Lol

6. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Ah, sorry I misread your post. I think you should be able to.

7. Nmartinez09 thread starter macrumors newbie

No worries!!! I'm sure my explanation was confusing! Lol thanks! :)

8. kbuck1984 macrumors member

I have my doubts because Apple needs you to have a big four carrier. You can't just buy and leave. They're going to verify something on your account. They'll see two lines and two phones with debt not being paid/traded.
    I'm assuming they'll need to activate the phones on your lines. I'm not sure if there's a way to move your current two off active lines (I don't think so), so would AT&T let you have 4 active phones on two lines?

9. Nmartinez09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wouldn't I just transfer my SIM card to the two new phones? This is why I'm asking. Ow so I'm ready on the 25th! Lol

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

11. Nmartinez09 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

Sell your phones and use that money to pay off the renaming you owe at&t for the phones
    Then signup for the Apple leasing service

And find a cheaper cell carrier than at&t like T-Mobile or go prepaid , the iPhone will be unlocked so you can go to any carrier